three

"What's your name?" He asks looking around. He notices a chart and picks it up. "April Jeanette Mendez."

He reads off the chart. "Height 5'2". Ha! 5'2"? You're basically a midget." He laughs throwing his head back.

My cheeks turn hot and I stretch trying to grabs the chart. It only causes my back and neck to get sharp pains.

"Blood type-" I cut him off. "Hey! You can't read that! That's private! It's - it's -"

"It's invasion of privacy. It's the nurses fault though. How can she just leave a patients chart wide open with all of the information?"

"Exactly it's invasion of privacy so stop reading it." He puts the chart down and makes a face, "Okay. Okay, April Jeanette. I'm sorry for invading your privacy."

"Don't call me that." I frown. "What? April Jeanette? Isn't that your name? That's what the chart says."

"It's Aj." I say. "Okay whatever April Jeanette." He says with a grin. "Aj." I repeat. "Okay. Okay."

"So tell me April Jeanette do the cookies taste good?" He asks sitting on a chair in front of me.

I roll my eyes. For some reason he seems like the type of guy that does things that knows that annoys you.

"They're alright." I mumble still slightly annoyed that he calls me by my full name. "Just alright? Darn. Now I'm debating of what I should do."

"What?" I ask and he looks up at the ceiling. Like he's really thinking hard about something. "Do you work here?" I add, curious to know why he's here.

He seems healthy.

The other option is that he works here.

"Me?" He scoffs, "Are you looking at me right now? Do I look like I work here?" He says with a chuckle.

"Well ... no. So then what are you doing here?" I ask taking another small cookie in my mouth. "I come here to donate blood."

"But you were here yesterday too." He looks at me titling his head slightly and smiles. "Woah, April Jeanette, you're stalking me?"

"I'm not stalking you." I quickly say. "I'm just - I just saw you because you basically over me yesterday. Don't you remember?"

"Nope. Wait - wait ... are you talking about outside? I bumped into someone, but I was in a hurry. That was you?"

"Yes." He raises his eyebrows, "Ahh okay. Well sorry about that. I was in a hurry because I was late to donate blood. Turns out the nurse that was doing it wasn't here so I had to come back today."

"I also come here because I volunteer." He says. I raise my eyebrows, this guys is full of surprises.

He donates blood and volunteers?

"You like to donate blood? Doesn't it make you feel dizzy and sick? I mean it's for a good cause, but the after effects suck."

"I only donate blood to get free cookies and juice." When he sees my face he laughs, "Kidding! I'm kidding. Well sorta."

"You're terrible." 

"I like you." He says making me surprised. "I like you because you're blunt and a smartass. You're my type of person."

For some reason him saying this makes my heart skip a beat. Not sure why. "You're my type of person too." I add feeling comfortable enough to look at him.

He gets up from his chair and extends his hand to me. "I have to go now. See you later April Jeanette. It was a pleasure."

I shake his hand and he smiles at me. "Okay. Later Dean Ambrose." I reply and he lets go and walks away.

After he walks away I keep eating the few cookies I have left. My mom suddenly walks in. "We are all set, honey."

"What did the nurse tell you?" I ask as she gets behind the wheelchair to push me. "She just shared some reports with me. Everything's okay though."

I don't even bother on asking what "reports" she's talking about. "Are you feeling better? Still feeling lightheaded?"

"No. I'm good now." I say as she leads me out the door. "Did you finish your juice and cookies?"

I smile remembering leather jacket Dean Ambrose take my juice.  "Mhmm yes." My mom presses the elevator button.

I catch a glance of Ambrose as he's walking in a room. He glances at me and waves as he walks in.

"Hey mom?" I ask as we get in the elevator. "Yes?" She asks looking concerned at me. "Are you okay? Do you feel sick? Do you need me to-"

She's about press the button to stop the elevator. "Mom, mom, I'm okay." I say before she stops it.

"Then what's wrong?" She asks with a sigh. "I was just wondering when do I have to come back?"

"Back where? Here?" I nod my head. "She said until Friday. So you're good for a couple days."

"Until Friday?" It makes me upset and that's strange. So, so, strange. Why would I be upset to be back until Friday?

I would usually be happy that I got a few days away from the hospital. "Yes. Why? You sound disappointed. I thought you'd like not having to come back in a few days."

"I'm not disappointed. Just surprised since I basically live here." My mom doesn't look convinced, but nods her head and let's it go.