thirteen

My mind traces over him and his lips. It lingers over his beautiful smile and his breathtaking eyes.

He's a hurricane.

He's a beautiful yet dangerous hurricane that's waiting to destroy my life in a wreck less way.

I want him to tell me he loves me even if it's fake. I want to love his sweet lies. I want to so bad.

"Aj?"

I whispered things to him. I told him how afraid I was to die. He simply held me tight and kissed my head over and over.

He kept repeating that it was going to be okay.

"It's going to be okay baby. Don't you worry baby."

His words are like tsunamis that are slowly drowning all my thoughts.

My tears started to dry against my cheek and he wiped them with his thumb. He looked me in the eyes and told me I'd be okay.

I believed him. Because how could I not? Everything he said I believed.

"I'm so obsessed with you." I said my words slurry and my breath shaky. "I'm so obsessed with you."

"It'll be okay." He repeated. "I don't want to die. I don't want to." I said panting.

"Shhh, shhh, don't worry baby. You won't. It's okay."

"Lie to me. Please lie to me. Please tell me you love me. Please tell me even if it's a lie."

"I love you. It's not a lie."

Its not a lie. It's not a lie. It's not a lie. He said it wasn't a lie. How could I not believe him?

"Aj?"

"You don't think I'm a psycho do you?" I asked afraid.

"Of course not. Of course not."

"I want to wake up with you by my side." 

"Okay. That's fine. Just stay calm. Everything will be fine."

"Will you be here when I wake up?"

"Of course."

"Aj?"

My eyes shoot open and I see my mom and dad in front of me. "Honey! We're so glad you're finally awake. Oh my gosh."

My mom attacks me with kisses as my dad hugs me tightly. I look around confused. Where am I? Why am I in pain? What's happening?

"What happened?"

"You already had surgery. The doctor said it was a success! You'll soon be able to use your legs like before. You're going to be okay, honey."

"How long has it been?"

"A whole night. You had surgery yesterday morning." Dad replies. He kisses my hand and gives me a warm smile.

I touch my head and feel a bandage wrapped around it. "Don't hurt yourself baby." Baby. A sudden flash comes to mind, but I can't quite remember what or who.

All I know is that word triggers something deep in my conscious.

"Why can't I remember?"

My heart starts palpitating fast and my breathing gets heavy. "What's wrong with me? What happened?"

"Aj. Calm down it's okay." My dad says squeezing my hand. "No! What happened! I can't remember. I - I can't what-!"

My mom runs to the door to call a nurse as my dad tries to hold me down. My head is hurting so bad.

There's a throb at the back of my head making it hard for me to think. Baby. Baby.  Why can't I remember?

Why does it feel like something is missing?

Why does that word trigger my mind so much? Why?

"Aj please calm down honey." My dad coos. But I can't calm down. I'm crying loudly and it feels like my lungs are running out of breath.

The nurses come rushing through the door and they try to calm me down. "It's okay honey. It'll be okay."

One of them pulls out a needle with a clear substance. She injects it to the tube that's connect to my vein.

A burning sensation runs though my veins and all of the sudden everything seems to slow down.

It feels like I'm a slow motion movie. Everything feels like it's moving so slow. My lungs are finally getting enough air for me to breathe.

"It's okay. It's okay." Someone says. My eyes start feeling heavy. Someone wraps their arms around me and kisses my head.

My eyes close by themselves. I'm unable to open them up. My whole body feels so numb. In just seconds I feel myself drift away to nothing, but blackness.