eight

"What's wrong honey?" My dad asks as he looks at me concerned. "Nothing dad." I answer.

"You haven't touched your food." He points out. My mom turns to look at me too. "Are you feeling sick? Do you need me call the doctor?"

"No. I'm fine."

"You seemed pretty happy yesterday. What happened?"

Dean happened.

"Nothing mom. It's just my mood swings I suppose."

"Have you taken your pill?" My dad asks.

"Of course."

My dad gets a phone call, "I'll be right back. It's the office." He says before getting up and answering.

"Has Phillip called or came?" I ask my mom. She nods her head, "He's called. He stopped coming."

"Good. He deserves better." I mumble.

"Aj I think you should go out with your friends. Have fun so you can get distracted."

"Mom do you see me? How can I possibly go out with my friends. They go out to the beach, to parties, to restaurants. I can't do that without feeling left out and awkward."

My moms expression changes into sadness. I quickly try to change up the subject and change my tone to not worry her.

"It's okay though because I have plenty to do here. I've been drawing a lot lately and I really like it. I'm going to my room okay? Can you keep this for me? I'll eat it later I'm just not hungry because I was eating some cookies while ago."

"Okay. That's fine dear." My mom replies. I push the wheelchair to my room which luckily isn't far from the dinning room.

I hear my dad's voice and then my mom mumbling something. I don't try to hear what they're talking about because I already know.

I get in the room and shut the door. My open drawing book is lying on the table. Along with pencils and erasers.

I grab the drawing book and look through my drawings. Most of the are sad.

Actually all of them are.

None of them have color. They're all droopy, grey, and depressing. Except for one drawing. The drawing of Dean's eyes.

I actually colored them in and the drawing itself brings life to me. How can a stranger I just met mean this much to me?

Why does everything he do affect me?

I stare at the drawing and close the book. It's raining outside. That doesn't help my mood at all.

My phone buzzes and I glance at it. It's probably a notification telling me there's a new IOS update or something.

But then I see it's a Facebook notification.

Those are always fun.

I grab the phone and read the notification. "Dean Ambrose sent you a friend request."

My eyes widen. Wait this can't be Dean Dean. No no. I unlock my phone and click on the guy who sent me the request.

In fact it is Dean. I cover my mouth surprised and for a second I think of not accepting it, but then I obviously do.

As soon as I accept it I get a message from him.

Dean Ambrose:
about time you accept my request!!! i've been waiting for a wholleeeeeee two minutes

Aj Lee:
wow a wholeeee 2 minutes that's a bunch

Dean Ambrose:
it was pretty hard to find you on Facebook
your profile picture is suppeeerrrr old
and believe it or not there's like a million Aj Lee's on Facebook.

Aj Lee:
first of all
why do you still use Facebook? that's for old people and second of all i was like 12 on my profile picture so no judging

Dean Ambrose:
Facebook is NOT for old people
it's for COOL people
hater

Aj Lee:
get out

Dean Ambrose:
you're funny
anyways, how are you today April Jeanette?

Aj Lee:
im good how're you?

Dean Ambrose:
are you lying to me?
you better not be and im great!
i didn't see you at the hospital today

Aj Lee:
im not always at the hospital
i don't have an appointment until next week

Dean Ambrose:
that's good right?
but it's bad for me

Aj lee :
why?

Dean Ambrose:
because i won't see you bff :(

Aj Lee:
ohh

My face starts heating up. Why would he say something like this to me? How does he say stuff like this?

Dean Ambrose:
do you want to get ice cream today?

Aj Lee:
what?

Dean Ambrose:
do you want to be ice cream today with me?

Aj Lee:
uhh umm

Dean Ambrose:
yes? no? maybe so?

Aj Lee:
sure

Dean Ambrose:
great!!!
do you need me to pick you up?

Aj Lee:
no my mom can drive me there

Dean Ambrose:
okay!!
meet me at stone cold in half an hour :)
until then bff

After I read it I lock my phone and I catch myself smiling like a fool. He flipped my mood in a second.

I actually feel happy right now. I feel okay all of the sudden. It's like he brightens up my day. I glance at myself in the mirror.

I definitely need to clean up.

I know Dean probably won't notice, but I want to at least look decent.

"Mom! I need help!"

>>>

hey guys sorry for updating so late!! i've been pretty busy lately. sorry for typos it's unedited buttt i hope you guys like it!! xoxo ;*
ps. thank you for reading, voting, and commenting!! much luv!!