eighteen

"Aj."

"Hmm."

"Aj."

"Hmm."

"Have you taken your pill today?"

"No."

"You still have to take it."

I don't reply and keep staring at my blank wall. My mom sits beside me on the bed and hands me the familiar little pill.

"It makes me drowsy."

"Honey, you have to take it. The doctor -"

"The doctor doesn't know anything."

"He knows what's right for you, baby. Depression isn't something that's easy to overcome."

"I'm not depressed."

"Sorry." She apologizes, "What I meant to say was that your sadness isn't easy to overcome. You went through a lot when the accident happened."

"I'm okay."

"No you're not. What happened? You were fine, but these past few weeks you've been so sad. You don't want to eat, you barely get sleep, you don't want to ever leave your room. What's wrong? What's bothering you?"

"Nothing."

"You can trust me."

"There's really nothing wrong."

"How about your take your medicine?"

I stare at the pill on her hand and then at her. She hands me a water bottle that's on my nightstand and I sigh taking the pill.

After putting it in my mouth and drinking water. She smiles relieved. "Happy?"

"Of course. Do you want something to eat?"

"I'll cook something later. Right now I'm tired." I say closing my eyes. She kisses my head and seconds later walks out of the room closing the door behind.

As soon as she's out I spit the pill that was under my tongue. It's almost melted and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

No pill is going to make me feel any better.

>>>

"Where are we going?"

"Somewhere." My mom replies. She taps the steering wheel nervously as she keeps her eyes on the road.

"Where?"

"It's just somewhere."

"Why're you so nervous?"

"I'm not nervous." She quickly says. I turn to look out the window staring at the cars going by.

About twenty minutes later my mom starts slowing down. She parks outside a big building. There's a big sign that reads "therapy".

"You brought me to therapy?"

I should've known better when my mom persuaded me to come with her. "Aj, your doctor recommended for you to see a therapist. He said it would help overcome your problems and concerns."

"Mom I'm not going to therapy."

"Aj, please just go. It'll help you."

"I'm not going. I don't need therapy. Take me home."

"So you can hide in your room the whole day? That's not healthy. You need help and you shouldn't be ashamed of it."

"I don't need help. I'm okay. Just take me home."

"Aj-"

"I'm not going."

"Just go please."

I cross my arms across my chest annoyed. "Aj. I'm trying to help you out okay? It hurts me to see you like this. Why won't you let me help you?"

My mom starts tearing up and she covers her face. I quickly uncross my arms and feeling deeply guilty for making her feel this way.

"Don't cry, mom. It's okay. I'll go."

She wipes her tears, "Really?"

"Yes."

She takes her key out of her car and I open the door walking towards the building. We go in and my mom starts talking to the receptionist.

"Okay ma'am you can come this way." The receptionist says. "I'll wait for you here in the waiting area."

I nod my head obediently following the lady. She leads me down a white hall. It smells weird. Like hospital. I hate it.

She then opens a door to a room. "The doctor will be right with you."

The room doesn't look like your typical hospital room. It's obviously different considering it's a therapist room.

There's a couch and a chair which Im guessing  it's for the therapist. There's some pictures around the wall.

The room is blue. A baby blue. It's bright. There's a vase with bright yellow sunflowers. The room itself looks cheerful.

It's probably to cheer up the patients.

I look around the room and notice a poster saying, "Calm and tranquil therapy."

  I can't help to chuckle at the poster. Calm and tranquil therapy? What even is this? It all seems like a joke.

"I'm glad you find my poster amusing."

I'm startled and gasp when I hear the voice. When I turn around and land eyes on the therapist a hot blush creeps up my face.

"How are you today?" He asks adjusting his glasses. He gives me a bright smile extending his hand to shake mine.

"Fine." I simply reply shaking his hand lightly. He squeezes mine a little too hard and then plops down on the chair.

There's a chart on his lap. He looks like he's reading out of it. "You're April, right?" He asks looking up making eye contact with me.

He looks awfully young to be a therapist.

"Aj."

"Aj? Is that what you want to be called?"

I nod my head and he smiles. It makes me queasy at the sight. Not because it's unpleasant, but because it is pleasant.

"Very well. Nice to meet you, Aj. I'm your therapist-"

"You look too young to be one." I blurt out. He laughs and it gives me shivers. He's got a unique laugh that I've never heard before.

"I'm actually an intern. I'm not a therapist yet, but I'm qualified to treat patients."

"So basically I'm your guinea pig huh?"

He laughs again, "No, you're not my guinea pig. I'm perfectly qualified to treat you. I'm being mentored by an experienced psychotherapist. I promise I'll take great care of you."

He smiles big and I simply look down at my lap. "I forgot to introduced myself." He says getting up.

He walks to a desk to put the clipboard down. He takes off his glasses in the process. I take a note of how his hair looks effortlessly perfect.

It's long and dark. He's got it tied in a messy bun. He's got some facial hair and dark brown eyes.

He turns to look at me again.

"I'm Seth Rollins. Nice to meet you."

>>>

guys im sorry it's been so long!! ive been so busy with school sorry, sorry. i'll try to update as soon as i can. much luv ;* thnx for reading ♡