six

"You've got a visitor. Or should I say visitors." My mom says walking in my room. "Mom. I don't want to see visitors."

It's probably Phillip again. I don't want to be mean to him again. "Not even us?" Paige asks walking in.

My mom walks away and then I see Nikki walk in along with Paige.

"Hello bitch!"

Typical Nicole.

"Hey Nicole." I say rolling my eyes, but smiling. I'm ecstatic to see them. "Hellooooo my little caramel." Paige says giving me a huge hug.

"How're you doing? Why haven't you answered my calls or texts?" Nikki asks giving me a hug as well.

"I've been pretty tired." I lie. "Bullshit." Paige adds giving me a look. Unfortunately, they can see right through me which sucks.

"You have just been ignoring us." Nikki says with a sad face. "I'm sorry. I just ... it just ... it completely sucks not being able to hang out like we use to."

They take a seat with me on the bed. "We're soon going to be able to. Just like the old times." Paige replies giving me a smile. "Just like old times." I forcefully say.

"So where's Brie?" I ask trying to change the topic. "She's getting ready for exams." Nikki says rolling her eyes. "But she sent you a gift."

"A gift?" Nikki nods her head. "It was like this plant thingy. I gave it to your mom. You know how Brie is all about the planet and environment so she grew this plant. She also wanted me to give you this."

Nikki hands me a white note with printed sunflowers on it. "Hope you like the plant. I grew it with much love just for you. Hope you're feeling better. Can't wait to see you. Luv you lots xoxo."

Brie's note warms up my heart making me smile. "She's so sweet it's gross." I chuckle. "Right. I bet instead of blood rushing through her veins it's pure sugar." Paige says with a grin.

"Tell Brie I said thank you." I tell Nikki. "Or you can actually tell her yourself. You can call her you know."

"I know. I'll call her." This time I actually mean it. I've been trying to avoid my friends lately, but I've come to the conclusion that I can't avoid them forever.

If something were to happen to me during the operation I know I would regret not talking to my friends.

"So how's you and Phillip?" Paige asks casually. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "You know your relationship."

"There's no relationship." I clarify. "But he likes you. He's basically drools over you." Nikki says.

"I just don't know how or why." Paige and Nikki both give me a look. "Ummm excuse me. You're drop dead gorgeous."

"I am not, Nikki. You're drop dread gorgeous." Both Nikki and Paige roll their eyes. "If I was lesbian I'd hit on you." Paige says.

"Okay, okay." I say with a small laugh. Paige gets up to grab a bottle of water. "Yeah that's right you better agree."

As she's taking a sip of the water she stops and glances at the small table beside where she's standing.

I suddenly feel panic when she notices the open drawing book on the table. "What's this?" She asks with a smirk.

"Ooh let me see." Nikki jumps up from the bed to walk to Paige. "Hey stop it!" I attempt to get up, but I keep forgetting that I can't.

"Who's this huh? Because this isn't Phillip." Nikki asks staring at the drawing. My cheeks start heating up uncontrollably.

"It's just - its from tv." I say embarrassed. "Who is it?" Paige asks giving me a look. "It's ..."

I could try lying, but it would be useless. They'll keep bothering me with it until I say the truth. "It's this guys eyes. They're pretty so I drew them."

"We can obviously tell the drawing is of two eyes. We just want to know who's eyes are they."

"It's this guy I met." I mumble quietly. "Ooh!" Nikki exclaims. They sit on my bed again and they've got a stupid smile on their faces.

"Details please!" Paige says clapping her hands. "It's no big deal." I try to sound uninterested, but they don't buy it at all.

"If you drew his eyeballs I'll say this is a pretty big deal." Paige replies. "I met him at the hospital. I know funny thing huh."

"And?"

"And well nothing. He's an asshole. He's mean. He's sarcastic yet attentive. He acts normal around me. He doesn't pay attention to the wheelchair I'm in. Or the bruises on my arms from the needles that are constantly there. He doesn't care about all that and I like it. He makes me feel normal."

"Wow. Is he cute?" Paige asks. "What's his name?" Nikki asks immediately after Paige.

"He's ... he's appealing. He's not that cute honestly." Lie. "His name is Dean. Dean Ambrose."

"Dean Ambrose. Sounds like a sexy rich business man." Nikki says with a smirk. "He's nothing like a rich businessman. He literally wears leather jackets, jeans and boots all the time."

"Is he a patient there?" Paige asks. "No. He's actually pretty healthy, I suppose. He volunteers at the hospital."

"Ahhh. I see."

"Oh my gosh hit on him." Nikki suggests. "What? No." "Why not? Do it! Do it! We encourage you."

"What kind of friends are you two? Encouraging me to fail."

"You're not going to fail. Don't be a pessimist." Nikki replies lightly hitting my arm. "Why would I hit on him? Have you seen me?"

"You're hot." Nikki says with a smile. "No I wouldn't -"

"Don't be a chicken. You've always been a badass bitch. Go for it." Paige says. "You just need to actually comb your hair, add a little lipgloss , show some cleavage and ta-da!" Nikki exclaims.

"Okay fine whatever." I mumble. Nikki and Paige smile at each other satisfied. I roll my eyes again.

What kind of friends do I have?