Escape Through YouTube

**Jack's perspective**
I have always been a kind of antisocial person. Not by choice, I would love to be a more social and outgoing person, but it has been difficult since I found out that I had social anxiety and depression when I was 15.

I am now about to turn 18 in a week to be exact. I have learned many ways to deal with it, but it is still very hard at times. I can't ever go to parties, I don't have very many friends, and I can't do class presentations. I have to tell all of my teachers that I physically cannot give and speeches/presentations. I freak out if I do. I can't ever be around people for long periods of time, and worse because of my depression I always feel like I am alone. I can't do anything about it though because of my social anxiety.

One of my teachers learned this the hard way when she forced me to give a speech in front of my class of over 100 people. I was in the middle of the speech when I started to have an attack. I was sweating but I kept trying to ignore it and continue to give my speech. Then I started shaking uncontrollably. My teacher wasn't looking at me she was too busy writing notes down about my grade. My one and only friend Sky noticed and gave me a warm smile trying to calm me down, but it was too late, I already was struggling to breathe. It felt like my tongue was swelling.

Then came the chest pain, it felt like someone was stabbing me in the chest. I clutched at it unable to stop myself. My teacher finally looked up seeing as my talking had come to a sudden stop. I saw Sky begin to get up out of her chair and run to me. I collapsed on the ground unable to catch my breath. I then saw Sky standing above me. I could only faintly hear her saying my name when I passed out.

I found out later she was actually screaming my name. I was passed out for almost 10 minutes. That teacher still hasn't stopped apologizing to this day. I forgave her of course. Why would I blame her, she didn't know how bad it actually was. After I woke back up Sky helped me back to my desk. My teacher gave me an automatic A+. Since that day I have gotten made fun of for it.

I have decided to try something new. There is this thing called YouTube. I can communicate with people, but I won't have to see them. It might help me with my public speaking and anxiety. I don't have a very good camera, or really know what I'm doing, but I can try anyway.

Then it happens I make my first YouTube video  I did a Solid Snake Impression. So begins the YouTube channel of my internet ego Jacksepticeye. I don't know if it is perfect or not, but I really tried. I love video games so I decide that I will be a gaming channel and I can record Let's Plays. I am so excited, but I am also scared at the same time. What if people don't like me? What if people don't like my Irish accent? What if no one ever watches my videos. I decide to try and change my accent so that I don't sound like I am Irish. I figure I can't do anything else about people not liking my videos.
**Mark's perspective**
I have always been a slight nerd, I'm still considered a jock, but I love video games. Once people found out I got made fun of for it, but I didn't care. Video games have always been my favorite pass time and a passion of mine. I can play them all night some times. They show me that I can escape the world and go to some other place that is so much better than my life. I love it. I get lost in the game and not meaning to, but I would play for hours on end.

I got bored one day and decided that I could record myself playing a game. My camera quality isn't great but I decide I would upload it anyway to my new YouTube channel I had created. My name is not Mark anymore now it is Markiplier. I love the feeling of changing my identity. The first video I post is myself reacting to the horror game Amnesia, which I am obsessed with. I don't know what will become of it, but frankly I don't care because I am doing it for fun.

Even though I get made fun of I am still kind of popular. The only reason being I am a social butterfly and will talk to anyone and everything. I have never had real trouble making friends. Something that also helps me is I try to do every sport. So I have many friends on my teams.

** Time Skip**
My channel has started to gain some popularity, not overly, but some. I am so happy I get to do what I love. I decide to browse YouTube, and I find a video. It is by another gaming channel. The name is Jacksepticeye. After watching it I realize that this guy is pretty cool and he would probably be fun to play games with. I know I can write a comment to him and just try to get to know him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(A/N)
This is the first fan fiction I have ever wrote so please try not to judge it so harshly I am trying. If there are any problems any one notices feel free to comment the issue and I will fix it right away! ❤️ ~Addison