Please Don't Leave Me

**Mark's perspective**
I don't know how long I have been here. No body has came in to visit him though. Not even his family which surprises me. Maybe they don't know? I don't know. I keep thinking about getting into his phone and trying to find his mom's number to get ahold of her, but it just feels so wrong. I cry so many tears that it feels like I have run out. I know better than to think that though because every time I do I find out that is not the case by crying more.

I haven't slept since I got here. The only times I have is when I have passed out from exhaustion, and even then I don't sleep for long. I think it is finally catching up with me, but I don't dare sleep in case I miss something. The nurses know me by name now. I can tell by the looks they give me that I don't look good. It honestly doesn't surprise me. I haven't ate in days, and the only time I get up out of this chair is to go to the bathroom which I keep only down to rare times.

Sophie (Sean's regular nurse) walks in. I barely flick my eyes up to her before returning my eyes to Sean. I find myself watching his chest rising and falling. "Mark hun?" I look up at her and her green eyes meet mine. "Honey, you should take care of yourself, go get something to eat, shower, change, and get some sleep." I can tell she is apprehensive I can hear it in her voice. I let my gaze fall from her face. I look at the tiled ground under my feet. I can feel tears forming in my eyes. I see as one hits the floor. Sophie walks in front of me and and places a soft hand on my shoulder she crouches down so I can see her. I just shake my head no slowly tears keep falling.

"I promise I will stay by his side the whole time you are gone..." I look up into her eyes and she gives me a warm smile. I return a forced half-smile. I stand up slowly almost loosing my balance because I hadn't realized that both of my legs were asleep. I want to hug her because god I need a hug right now, but I was afraid it would be too weird. I decide to just do it I have known this woman for however long I have been here. When I went to hug her she could tell I needed it really badly. My face is practically buried in her long, loosely curled red hair. I then feel as she starts to rub soothing circles into my back. I begin sobbing into her shoulder.

I can't even tell you how long we stood there like that. I finally pull away drying my eyes. Sophie says if anything happen they will be sure to call me. I nod my head and reluctantly walk out the door. I feel completely numb somehow I end up back at Sean's apartment. When I get there I check my phone for the first time since I got to Ireland. I quickly realize that it has been almost three weeks. I search around and find Sean's camera sitting in the corner of his room I decide to set it up and film a quick video for mine and jack's channel.

"Hey guys... I know this isn't my normal intro, but I'm not really in the mood to pretend. In case you guys don't know I am in Ireland right now. As you can tell by this not being my background. I am currently staying in Jack's apartment. I know we have both been being really distant lately no posts on social media no videos and I'm here to explain why. I arrived here in Ireland about three weeks ago... when I got here I decided the first thing that I wanted to do was to come meet Jack face to face."

I take a deep breath knowing that I am on the verge of tears. "When I got here Jack was not okay. He was passed out on the floor due to a panic attack. He had tried to get to his inhaler but failed. He is currently in the hospital. He has not yet awoken and the doctors don't know when or if he will yet." I feel tears streaming down my face. "I'm sorry for not telling any of you guys because you deserve to know you are all wonderful, but I have been in the hospital for 3 weeks now. I'm trying to keep it together, and I'm failing. I have never felt so miserable in my life. I will post another video if I get more news on him. Until then thank you for watching and I will see you in the next video... buh bye"

I can't even get up to turn off the camera I just begin to bawl. I am sitting in Sean's chair crying. Finally once the tears have stopped I stand up and turn off the camera. I upload the video onto mine and his channel. I decide I should take a shower now. I take a super fast shower because I am totally drained and just want to get some sleep. When I get out I realize that I need to eat something. I just grab a granola bar out of Sean's pantry and choke it down. 

I lay down on the couch because I figure I should not lay in his bed. Instantly I fall asleep.

**Sophie's perspective**
I sit down in the chair Mark has been in for the past three weeks. I start to to talk to Sean "That man loves you... whether he admits it or not he does. I need you to pull through this for Mark's sake. Do it for him. He refused to leave your side. Please wake up. I don't even know you, but I want you to wake up for Mark and because I want to see you walk out of this hospital." My shift was about to end so I called Michell in and told her that I was going to stay here on account of Mark. She nodded her head understanding perfectly why I was there.

Sean please wake up. I grab his hand. I squeeze it just to see if maybe I will get a response. As expected nothing happens.

As about 4 o'clock in the morning rolls around I begin to fall asleep. I am still holding Sean's hand. I doze off for just a little bit. I try to wake myself up, but I doesn't work.

I wake up suddenly. Sean's hand still in mine. I have no idea why I woke up, but when I open my eyes I see Sean still asleep trying to say something. I take the oxygen mask off for a little bit to try and understand. I can't make anything out, but I know this is a good sign he must be regaining consciousness. I stand up and walk out of the room to go to the front desk to call Mark. It rings once before he picks up. Half asleep, but panicking. I quickly tell him that nothing is wrong, but that he might want to get up here.

**Mark's perspective**
Sophie tells me to get there. I pull on some clothes and walk out of the apartment waving goodbye to the hefty man with a pencil thin mustache who works at the front desk.

I drive for about 5 minutes in complete silence. I had taken Sean's car. A light blue car with green rims. I finally decide to turn on the radio. I can't really hear what is being played though because it is being drowned out by my thoughts.

I run into Sean's room to see Sophie sitting next to the bed as she promised I walk up to her "Thank you so much Sophie you have no idea how much this means to me." I give her a hug and a warm smile. She smiles back two distinct dimples appearing at the sides of her mouth. I pull her in for another quick hug. She walks out. I sit down in my chair next to Sean and grab ahold of his hand. "Sean please wake up." I decide to squeeze his hand to reassure myself and to tell him I am here. I feel his hand apply weak pressure back.

At first I didn't believe it. I looked up at Sean's face and his eyes were open. All though not the usual bright blue that they normally are this is the most beautiful thing to me.

I press the nurse call button and Sophie runs in "Mark wha-" she cut off by herself gasping. Looking at Sean.

She steps out into the hallway and yells for a doctor to come and check everything and make sure Sean is good. I am so happy right now. The doctor comes in and tells me that I need to leave so he can perform the tests. It looks like Sean is trying to say something through the oxygen mask. The doctor takes it off and tells Sophie to get him some water. She runs off as the doctor is telling him to wait until he has a drink to try and talk and to not try and say very much. Sophie comes back in with a cup of water and puts the straw in his mouth he takes a long drink.

Once he gets done he takes a few deep breaths and says in a voice that barely sounds like himself " No don't make him leave. Please. Mark please don't leave me..." tears start brimming his eyes. The doctor nods "very well then at least stand aside."