Confessions

**Sean's perspective**
I hear a deep husky voice say "Sean please wake up..." I can hear the brokenness in the man's voice, but I can't really tell who it is. It doesn't sound like my dad though. I am really trying to open my eyes but I can't for some reason. I want to know who is sitting next to me. I feel a man's soft yet calloused hands. Then I feel a strong firm grip around my left hand. It takes all of my strength, but I managed to slightly and very loosely clutch my hand around the hand that is in mine.

I feel the hand slightly tense. For some reason my eyes finally decide to open. I am greeted by light that my eyes can't even comprehend. I shut them back tightly letting my eyes get used to the light through my eye lids.I slowly open my eyes and begin scanning the room around me trying to take in my surroundings. On my right is Mark sitting in the chair that is next to my bed. I turn my head trying to figure out where I am. Then it registers Mark? Wait Mark is here!

I realize by the look on Mark's face he is just as surprised as I am. He quickly presses the nurse call button. I wish he wouldn't have. I have a lot of things that I want to tell him, alone. A young beautiful woman comes running in she has long curly red hair and bright green eyes. She looks at me shocked, and then runs out into the hallway yelling for a doctor.

The doctor walks in and says that he needs to take some tests and that Mark needs to leave. I instinctively grab Mark's hand. I try to shake my head no, but I am so incredibly weak. I decide to try and talk "No don't make him leave. Please. Mark please don't leave me." I have on an oxygen mask and when I tried to talk all that came out was a ragged exhale instead of words. The man notices, and he tells the woman to go get me some water. Tears are brimming my eyes. I just woke up I would give anything for Mark to never have to leave my side.

When the woman presumably the nurse comes back in she has a cup with a straw. The doctor gently removes the mask from my face and she puts the straw up to my mouth. I try to take a drink but it proves to be harder than I previously thought. It takes all of my energy to take a drink. Once I do I realize how thirsty I actually am. I am relieved when I realize my mouth and throat are no longer as dry.

The woman gently pulls the cup away from my mouth. I inhale sharply because I had been forgetting to breathe in between sips. I repeat myself. When I say it I notice I do not sound like myself at all. My voice was hoarse and weak. I sound how I feel, horrible. The doctor agrees that Mark can stay in the room with me. After about an hour of tests everyone finally left but Mark.

"Mar-" he cuts me off by hugging me. I feel tears fall on my neck from where he is hugging me.

"Sean I thought I lost you. I'm so sorry this is all my fault. I should have came sooner." I begin to shake my head.

"Mark I need to tell you something..." Mark pulls away from me. I finally notice that he does not look like himself at all. He has horrible dark circles around his eyes. His checks have sunken in, and his eyes are bloodshot. I begin to cry "Mark I'm s....so sorry... this is all my fault that you look l...like this." I am sobbing and can barely speak, but I have a lot to tell him so I continue. "I need help... I've been cutting... I know I shouldn't have but it felt so good to have a distraction from all of the pain... It isn't your fault I'm cutting either it's just... e-everything. I need you so badly right now... please don't leave I don't want to scare you away..."

Mark leans in and gives me a giant hug. "Sean it's okay you didn't scare me away I'm right here and I'm not leaving." I nod. My head is still hung in shame. He grabs my hand and our fingers intertwine "I promise." Mark says as he is looking into my eyes. I glance down at our hands and blush. Mark does too, but he doesn't move his hand.

"Mark what did I do to deserve you? You are an amazing friend." I say to him.

He just shakes his head and says "I should be the one saying that to you." He smiles really warmly at me. I can feel myself getting drowsy it feels like I just woke up, and I really don't want to go back to sleep. It gets to the point where I can't keep my eyes open and they shut slowly.