Promise

**Jack's perspective**
I fall awake still laying on Mark's chest. His slow steady breathing tells me that he is asleep. I look up at him. He looks so peaceful when he is sleeping. I look at the glassy lake the moon reflecting off of it in the most beautiful fashion.

I decide I am going to go for a late night swim. I change into my swim shorts and wade into the water. Even though it is dark I can still see clear to the bottom. The waterfalls look super beautiful right now with the moon reflecting off of them. I decide I want Mark to swim with me I know it is rude to wake him up, but I don't care. I wade out of the lake and over to where Mark is laying on the blanket.

I kneel down next to him taking in his beautiful face. Finally I decide I will wake him up by kissing him because at least it is a sweet way of waking him up. I lean down and place my lips on his. I gently kiss him. I feel as he begins to kiss back. I think maybe it is just in his sleep, but then he reaches up and entangles his hand into my hair pulling me closer to him. I feel as he smirks into the kiss.

He pulls away "What was that about?" He smiles at me. The crows feet around his eyes becoming more prominent.

I chuckle "I was going to go swimming, but I want you to do it with me."

He nods and stands up taking off his shirt then grabbing his swim trunks and running to the trees to change into them.

**Mark's perspective**
I run back to Sean smiling at him. He holds out his hand waiting for me to take it. I gladly accept his hand an we walk slowly towards the glassy lake talking. We didn't realize we had actually reached the water until we were about knee deep in it because we had been so deep in our conversation.

Sean's hair was wet already because he must have went swimming a little before he woke me up. I dive underwater silently while Sean is looking the other direction. I open my eyes while I am underwater so that I can see which direction I am swimming. I swim around so I am underwater in front of Sean. I can tell he has not noticed I am gone yet. He is looking at the moon hiding behind some branches, but still obviously full. I take this as my opportunity.

I rise up out of the water "boo!!"

Sean screams jumps then laughs I chuckle at his cute girly scream.

"Mark what the hell was that!?!" He asks trying to act mad.

"Sorry... But I did get to find out that your scream is cute and girlyyyy" I hold the y sound to let Sean know that I am definitely teasing him.

"Mark!" He crosses his arms and pouts.

"Oh quit I told you it was cute!" I say almost dying of laughter.

He splashes water in my face. He then starts dying of laughter also.

Once our laughter finally dies down Sean just looks me in the eyes.

I give him a questioning look. "Oh... Sorry I was spaced out... Your uh eyes are really pretty in the moonlight..." He quickly adverts his gaze clearly embarrassed.

"Thank you Sean." I say sincerely. He chuckles nervously and dives under the water.

"Sean?"

I see as his hair pops out of the water. He is now over close to the waterfall with the cave behind it. He laughs then dives under the water again. When he comes back up he is right next to the waterfall. He motions me to follow him. Gladly I do.

I swim under the water and don't come back up until I am past the waterfall in the water still right in front of the cave. I can't see Sean so I figured he is waiting for me ahead in the cave. I hoist myself up into the cave.