Im Not Going Anywhere

**Mark's perspective**
After what felt like forever, but was really only about 11 hours the pilot announced that we had finally landed. Thoughts started racing through my head. I was about to meet Sean, a boy who told me that he loved me! I don't even fully know if I'm gay. I don't really think I am I mean I've dated girls before and I loved them. I don't know it is like just looking at one perfect man flipped a switch inside of me.

It feels kind of like that switch is floating in the middle because there is this girl at home. She is my absolute best friend her name is Sabrina. We have been friends for the longest time and for as long as I can remember I have had strong feelings for her. Just recently I decided to tell her that I had feelings for her. She didn't really say anything back. I was so heartbroken.

I was actually planning on telling Sean, but the day I was going to call him was the day he told everyone that he was gay. So I pushed my feelings aside to help my best friend. Then he told me that he loved me. My heart fluttered at the time I didn't know why. Now I do I realized that it was because I felt the same way.

Once I stepped off of the plane I realize I don't think that I know where I am going. Turns out in one of our messages he told me how he lived in this old apartment building. He had also told me his room number, but I can't remember it. I can always ask the front desk. Then I start to racking my brain to try and remember what the place was called. I get to where I pick up my luggage and then suddenly I remembered It was called Irish Wood Style.

I finally manage to get a taxi to pick me up. There aren't very many that were willing to take me that far out into the country, but one man agreed for a hefty price. I told him where to take me then I decide to text Sean I mean he doesn't know that I am actually coming he probably just thinks it is an idea. 

I pull my phone out and go to his contact:
Jackaboy
I just landed I am on my way to your address that you told me a while ago!!!

I decide to leave my phone out just in case he answers, but he doesn't. The cab stops and tells me that we are at the destination I look out the window. I see his apartment building. Hopefully the front desk will be willing to tell me his room number.

Once I finally get all of my luggage out of the car I pay the driver $45 and he tells me goodbye and drives off. I take a deep breath and begin to walk up to the front doors.

When I walk inside I am greeted by a man at the front desk. I walk over to him "Excuse me sir? I have a friend living here and he wanted me to come meet him, but he isn't answering his phone and he forgot to tell me what apartment number he is in. His name is Seán William McLoughlin." I realize suddenly that this probably sounds really sketchy.

I then realize that the guy doesn't even care. He pulls out a folder and searches through the papers eventually saying "Oh yeah green haired guy... his room is on the second floor...look for 21." I smile at the man he returns a smile and then I begin to walk up the stairs to the second floor.

Once I finally find the number 21 I was about to knock on the door when I get a feeling like there is something really wrong. Then I hear a crash I immediately begin to worry. I open the door and this worries me even more because I know Sean always locks his door because he is afraid of some psycho coming in and killing him during the day.

I slowly push the door open "Sean?" There is no answer I begin to panic. I slowly start to walk into the hall that is the first thing you walk into. I turn the corner in front of me.

I gasp at the scene that lays in front of me. Sean is on the floor and he looks like he is passed out. His anxiety/ depression medication is dumped all over the floor next to him, and his inhaler is halfway across his bedroom. I run over to him dropping my luggage.

He is laying face down. The first thing I do is flip him over onto his back. When I see his face I am immediately taken aback. He does not look like himself at all. The only reason I can tell that it is my Sean is his vibrant green hair. His skin is unusually pale and has almost a grayish tint to it. He has horrible dark circles under his eyes that are dark purple, and I can now tell that what happened is that he couldn't breathe because I notice his lips are a light shade of bluish purple.

I kneel down next to him and take his wrist into mine desperately searching for a pulse. His skin is ice cold. I can't even feel a pulse. I feel tears brimming my eyes. I pull my phone out of my pocket and frantically call 911.

I put the phone on speaker and begin giving Sean CPR. About 5 seconds later a females voice is on the phone. "9-1-1 what is your emergency?" I didn't realize that I was full on sobbing until I tried to talk.

"Send an ambulance p-pl-please number 21 on the second flo-or Irish Wood St-style . Please hur-ry... my fr-frie-nd he had some s-sort of p-panic att-ack. Help please." I can barely get any of my words out and I am surprised she can actually understand what I am saying. She tells me to try and calm down and to continue to give him CPR.

She offers to stay on the phone, but I tell her it is fine and hang up. I look back down at Sean. I hadn't even realized he was shirtless. I can't help but to look his slim muscular body is so attractive. I also notice his hair is wet, he must have just got out of the shower. I then realize that there is a bandage on his arm. I start to think of what it could be. One thing comes to mind... but no he would never... would he? Curiosity gets the best of me and I start to slowly take off the bloody bandage.

Once I peel it completely off I gasp at what I see. Almost 40 cuts from his wrist to his elbow on each arm. He didn't tell me he was cutting. I suddenly think. Is it my fault, is it because I didn't answer fast enough and he doesn't think that I care. I begin to cry. My head falls down onto his bare chest. I can't control the tears anymore this is my fault. His arm is still in my hand.

I hear as the door to the apartment door gets busted down. I stay where I am. I can't bring myself to move.

I hear a stern voice "Sir could you stand up so we can get him into the ambulance?" I still don't move. I feel the world around me crumbling. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I nod and stand up. I feel numb. My legs feel like jelly. Everything is a blur from there on it feels like I blinked and then I was sitting in a hospital waiting room.

"Sean McLoughlin?" I stand up. The doctor walks over to me and places a hand on my shoulder. "Did you know?" I give him a confused look. "About the suicidal thoughts I mean..." I shake my head no, but it almost feels as if I'm lying because I had a feeling I just didn't think he would do that. "He hasn't woken up and I have no clue when he will to be honest... I'm sorry... but until he does you have my permission to be in the room with him for as long as you want." I nod my head unable to find any words.

A nurse guides me to Sean's room. The sight makes my heart drop. He is hooked up to so many machines that I can't even count. I pull a chair as close to the bed as I can get it. I sit down and immediately grab Sean's hand. "I'm not going anywhere."