Prologue

Author's note: All pictures in this story are from Google Images. All rights reserved. Also, I am only publishing this book on wattpad so if you're reading this anywhere else; PLEASE REPORT IT! There's a Vietnamese website with my book on it and ughhh it's so annoying cuz I have no idea how to report it cuz I don't know Vietnamese so.... yeah. If anyone does understand and can read Vietnamese, PLEASE PRIVATE MESSAGE ME AND I WILL DM YOU THE LINK SO HOPEFULLY YOU CAN REPORT IT! Thanks!

"Sire! There's been an invasion!" Shouted Lord McGwire, above the din as he ran into the royal dining room, panting.

The feasting stopped. The talking stopped. The laughing stopped. Everything stopped. The royal court halted.It was the day Arcadia's princess was born. Her parents, King Leon and Queen Mary-Anne were overjoyed and the whole palace was celebrating the princess's birth in the royal dining hall. Expensive wine, roasted beef, and other delicacies were laid out neatly on the banquet table.

"Invasion?" Yelled King Leon, paling in fear, stress ,worry and every other adjective he could think of.

"The Rebels, they're back!" Lord McGwire managed,leaning on the wall to catch his breath. The whole room gasped. The once-banished Rebels were back. They were the deadliest, most lethal people in the land. King Leon passed his beloved daughter to his wife and looked out the stained glass window. The Rebels were fast approaching, their massive army swarming into the city gates like a looming shadow. Citizens, grabbing whatever they had: axes, hammers, kitchen knives, shovels, and agricultural tools to defend their property.

"Take care of her. Run!" He whispered. Queen Mary-Anne nodded bravely and was hurried away by guards.

King Leon brandished his shining sword. "Men, we all know this will be a fight to the death. But... WE. WILL. DIE. WITH. HONOUR!!!!!!" He bellowed. Hundreds of soldiers, lords, dukes, shouted in unison and ran outside the castle to defend the palace with their life.

But the Rebels were prepared, years of banishment lead to the recruitment of many rebellious tyrants. That was the fateful day the powerful empire of Arcadia went down in flames, never to rise again. That was the day King Leon died in combat, along with his loyal men to their last breath. And that was also the day, the Rebels took over the land. The only hope in the ashes of the remains of the broken nation were Queen Mary-Anne and her tiny daughter...