Chapter 35-Fortune Teller

"Wake up, you two!" Mallory called. But I was already up and running. Kettle Boy, however, was a different matter. Still snoring and drooling in his sleep, I had to kick him in the side 3 times until he woke up. Talk about pig-like!

"Thank you, Mallory!" I called when I was at the door with Robert, ready to leave and face whatever dangers where ahead of me.

"You're welcome dear, could you do me a favour and drop by one of the stall at the market? It's a blue and purple tent. Tell them Mallory sent you." She said, before pressing some coins into my palm.

"Thanks!" Robert called once again as we walked down the streets.

"Right, do you see a blue and purple tent anywhere?" I said, jostling through the crowded streets.

"Uhh.... nope" mumbled Robert. Well duh! You obviously won't see it if all you do is drool at the food stalls!

"Hey! I think I see it!" I called, dragging Kettle Boy away from the pastry stall. It was a rather shabby tent with a old wooden sign.

"Madam Kierra's Fortune Telling." Robert read aloud. Why did Mallory make us come here? Pushing past the silk curtain, I walked in to see a nicely lit place. An elderly woman was sitting at a table with cards and a glass ball in front of her, as well as other things.

"Hello, dears. What can I do for you?" She smiled kindly.

"Hi, Mallory sent us." I stated, taking a seat.

"Ahhh, yes. I suppose you're getting your fortune's told?" Madam Kierra queried.

"I guess so." Robert grumbled next to me.

"Right. We'll start will the girl, won't we?" Kierra said, gesturing for me to show her my palm. She took it and began tracing the lines on my hand while I awkwardly sat there. She then took her cards and began dealing them. Oh god, please let my fortune be good, I thought as Kierra moved onto her glass ball.

"Well?" I asked, as she finished.

"I see that your future will be filled with hard work and danger," Madam Kierra paused, "There's also a backstabber in the midst."

"Who?"

"I don't know." Madam Kierra shook her head.

" I see that you hold a secret that shall affect you future." She said, after repeating the process with Robert. A secret? I looked over at Robert to see him nodding slowly.

"Thank you, how much coins would that be?" I asked, getting up to leave.

"I see you've been through a lot, so I won't charge you." She replied as we left the tent.

As we walked along the market, Robert was as silent as a rock.

"Umm.. do you want to talk about it?" I asked quietly.

"About what?"

"The secret?" I said carefully.

"No, I don't." He snapped.

"Gee, someone has ants in their pants today." I shot back before racing ahead. Could he be the backstabber? He couldn't be... right?