Chapter 21- Border Security

Trudging along the dry savannah, we came across a large range of walls. Checking my map, it said that we were at the Kingdom of Grodia, which was the neighbouring country of Hyperborea. Kettle Boy and I walked to the guards at the large gates to the town. A tall, tough guard approached us.

"Right, I need to see your citizenship pass!" He commanded, holding his hand out. Citizenship pass? Oh god, you had to have a citizenship pass? I wanted to scream at him that I was the Queen of the Great Arcadia! I even had the royal mark on my shoulder, that was burnt onto every single member of the royal family in Arcadia. But I didn't. Mother had always told me to earn other's trust and respect by working for it, not from showing off my status. I cleared my throat and stepped forward.

"Uhm! Good sir, we do not have a citizenship pass but if you could kindly-" I mustered before I was cut off.

"No citizenship pass! Anyone without a citizenship pass is either a witch, spy or enemy of Grodia! WE NEED BACKUP!! CODE RED!" He yelled. What?! WHAT KIND OF LOGIC WAS THIS???? WHAT KIND OF COUNTRY IS THIS?!?!?!?!

"Sir, no! You must be mistaken!" I yell, before Robert and I were dragged off. Two large guards appeared at either side of us and handcuffed us. I was still in a state of shock as they dragged us onto the back of a horse and started leading us into the city.

Hours later, we arrived at the Grand Court of Grodia. The guards showed no mercy whatsoever and pushed us forward into the courtroom.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! The two criminals before us today have committed an unthinkable crime! They tried to enter our country with no citizenship pass!" Boomed the Judge before me. The audience booed and started to jeer at us while the judge called for order.

"Order in the court! Before I sentence them, what do these two have to say for themselves?" He said peering at Kettle Boy and me through his thick spectacles. WHAT?!?!?! THIS WASN'T EVEN A PROPER COURT HEARING!!!!

"Your Honour, this is a false accusation! We aren't witches or enemies, let alone spies! I PLEAD INNOCENT!" I beg.

"So... do you have a citizenship pass?" Enquired the Judge.

"No..." Robert stuttered.

"Then, I shall carry onto my sentence! I pronounce these two people guilty! These two criminals are to be hung in a public execution tomorrow!" He boomed. I paled in shock and almost fainted. The audience cheered. WHAT? No! If I'm executed, how am I supposed to succeed in my mission? But it was too late, I was already being hauled to the prison rooms.