007: Startover

B E L L A D O N N A

For weeks it was awkward encounters with David and I feel so stupid. He was drowning himself in hoes and music... and honestly I missed him.

I sat with my phone in my hands contemplating on texting him but my fingers wouldn't move. I was sad cause my ass was scared of a relationship. But who could really blame me? He had hoes from north to south.

He was still a boy that couldn't do commitment and his mom was a no go. He wanted to cuff me but couldn't have his mother in control. How can people do that? It's common curtesy to talk about the person as if they were amazing to their parent so they can say: "it's so nice to meet you, I've heard so much about you."

Then she would've known about Trey. That's what made me say no. And I know people hate me for it but I did my pros and cons of the situation. But at that point who I was getting involved with had nothing to do with anyone else but me, myself, and I.

On the subway the regulars who knew about me and David could sense the thick tension but didn't dare to ask about it and sadly this morning it was pact and here I am wedged between an old man and David.

I took out my phone scrolling on instagram. I got a text message from my annoying ex.

718-467-1309: aye luh ma imu.

I rolled my eyes and I felt David tense up next to me. So I played with him.

Me: aww imu--

My phone was snatched. I looked at David crazily.

"What the fuck?" I snapped.

He didn't reply to me.

"Gimme my shit!" I yelled.

"Ian grab nothin' out yo ass." He said still holding my phone. He tried to fight a smirk from his corny ass comment.

"You don't fuck with me so why you botherin' me?" I rolled my eyes.

"Cause you my girl regardless." He stated.

"I'm no ones." I scoffed.

"Still playin these games? You're a whole adult." He shook his head.

I rolled my eyes. "You clearly see his number wasn't saved. So you really think he important?"

He thought for a while. He gave back her phone.

"Don't touch my property no more." I bucked.

"It's our property being that you my shawty." He shrugged.

"Fuck up." I laughed. He couldn't be serious. I thought. Wait.... he's not laughing.

We finally got to our destination and got off the train and I tried to speed walk ahead of him.

"Bella stop tryna avoid this conversation." He called out.

"It's what I do best." I said.

He grabbed me. "You're stubborn." He kissed me.

This mother fucker kissed me. When I say all the most cliché of cliché shit just happened, I meant that shit. But it all melted away... I melted into him. Everything I was trying to avoid hit me with a ton of bricks. My feelings were coming into play very rapidly and I was falling hard.

We pulled apart and I looked into his eyes. I was overwhelmed and I had no choice for words. I was searching for some emotion in his eyes. I seen everything.

He was so vulnerable in that moment I could no longer resist anything I ever felt for him. I wanted him in my life and I can tell he wanted the same vice versa.