016: Declared War

B E L L A D O N N A

"I honestly don't get why this nigga keep tryna take you from me, and why you told him the truth." Clarence snapped.

I looked at him rolling my eyes. We've never fought before but he was acting like a true dick today and I didn't like it. Slept on the couch since I told David the truth after he basically popped up to my condo and demanded it.

"I had no choice but to come clean he could see my big ass stomach as clear as day Clarence." I ate my strawberries.

"Should've told that bitch made nigga it was mine. Then he would've left you alone." Clarence mumbled.

I smacked my lips. "You're really tight over this? He has a right to be in my baby's life. Plus he in a bad place right now he been lied to for months about a baby that was never real."

"So you takin' up for this nigga?" Clarence yelled.

I put my hand up, then slowly being it down. "Take that shit down some levels. But no, I'm not. I'm just saying, how would you feel if you could've patched up shit with me because she was never pregnant, but you couldn't because she lied and said she was the whole time?"

"So you wanna patch shit up with this nigga now that he ain't got no baby?" He pulled back another sip on his beer.

I put my head in my hands trying to calm myself down not to get stressed. I started to see this guys true colors and I didn't like it. He was from the beginning accepting the fact that I was pregnant when he first met me but I feel like most of it just a waste of time at this point cause he can't handle it like he claimed he could.

"Look Cj, I'm not going back to David if you hold up your end of the ropes just like I am trying to. I'm pregnant and holding up seventy percent of the weight while you holding thirty." I said. "What happened to you keeping it one-hundred and us having everything fifty-fifty?"

"Excuse me TiBi, I sorry but I gots a question for my homeworks." Trey peaked out his room.

I looked at Clarence and he just got up to grab another beer. I blew out air of frustration. I looked at Trey and pat the seat next to me. "Come here baby. What's your question?"

I continued to help Trey with his homework. I side eyed Clarence from time to time while he watched the game. It bothered me he was going through so many beers and it was close to Trey's bedtime.

"Thank you for helping with my homeworks." Trey packed up.

"No problem baby. Let's go run your bath water okay." I grabbed his hand and walked to the bathroom. I grabbed him a Spider-Man towel and ran his bath.

I put tooth paste on his tooth brush, sat it down carefully and I walked out backing out the bathroom giving him instructions. I closed the door and backed into Clarence.

He wrapped his arms around my waist kissing on my neck. I turned around pushing him away carefully. I smelled liquor on his breath. I was turned off.

"Clarence you need to go to sleep." I said.

"Nah, we been together for a minute I'm ready. I think you ready to. I'm not gon' hurt the baby." He rubbed my tummy carefully.

"Not today Clarence, I gotta get Trey ready for bed." I pulled his hand away from me.

I knew that there was something missing about Clarence. Like all this was too good to be true. His perfect performance was giving out real quick.

"Baby, just get some rest you're a little drunk right now." I grabbed his hand taking him to the room.