Prologue - Genders

It hit him later than it did most people, certainly later than all of his friends. He was already 18 and a month from starting college, it was the worst timing to be starting going through the change. All of his friends, Aomine, Kise, even Kuroko, they had their change in the middle of high school. Their bodies matured at the normal age and their bodies had already chosen their gender by the time they were 16. But not Kagami. His dad had said that he was just a late bloomer and not to be worried about it. But how could he not be? It was weird being in high school when his friends were already either male or female and he was still neutral. It made him seem younger than all the others. None of his friends singled him out for it, but it wasn't like they hung out with him as much as they used to.

He didn't like being the designated immature one of their friend group. There were things that he just couldn't keep up with. Once they all had genders, they started dating and doing things as couples and that was just not something someone without a gender could do. He wanted to try those kinds of things too, he even knew who he wanted to try them with. Aomine. He fell in love with him when he first saw Aomine play basketball in middle school and he'd been in love with him since. Not that he'd ever tell Aomine. No, Aomine's gender became male and ever since, he'd been obsessed with females and how sexy they were. Kagami was nothing, so why would Aomine even look at him? It was all too lonely for him.

For now, Kagami was laying in his bed, doubled over in pain. It'd been like this for the last couple weeks, he'd hardly even gone outside. None of his friends had said that their changes were this painful, so why was his? He figured it had something to do with being late to change, maybe it was more difficult for his body to actually change now. Even for all the pain, he wanted the change to happen, he didn't want to be stuck as neutral for his whole life. If he was lucky, the change would even end before he started college in a couple weeks. Honestly, he wasn't sure what was going on, he just wanted it to be over.

[AN: hello all! I hope you like this start to Radiance! I have a lot planned for it and I'm hoping it'll be cute! I decided to write this prologue like this because I wanted to try out a different way of setting up the possibility of mpreg. what do you think??]