Four - First Practice

Kagami started to walk away from his seat when the lecture was over when he noticed that Aomine wasn't following him. He and Aomine had their first basketball practice after this, where did Aomine go? He looked back and saw Aomine still in his seat, head lolled to the side. Kagami couldn't help chuckling to himself, Aomine was going to have a rough time if he got this bored in class already.

He went back up to Aomine, reaching down to his shoulder, shaking him gently. Aomine started to stir and his eyes opened to narrow slits. He looked up to see Kagami, "Tch, what is it?"

"Class is over," Kagami tried to keep from laughing, "We have to go to practice. Or are you too tired?"

"Yeah, yeah," Aomine rolled his eyes, standing up and getting his bag together. "I was just closing my eyes for a minute. Let's go."

Kagami shook his head, walking out of the lecture hall, this time with Aomine in tow. They walked quietly across campus to the basketball arena. Kagami glanced over and Aomine seemed to be scowling the whole time. He had to wonder why Aomine was in such a bad mood. He wanted to ask, but decided to leave it alone since they were already at the arena.

Inside the building there were corridors all showing different trophies the team and won over the years. They kept walking down one of the halls, there were signs pointing the way to the locker rooms for the first years to be able to find it. By the time Kagami and Aomine got to the locker room, it looked like most everyone else was already there. Some of the people were getting changed already, but there was also a group of other guys standing by the door and waiting instructions. The assistant coach ushered him and Aomine towards the group just standing.

The big announcement was that the new recruits would play a couple practice games to assign places on the team. After they got ready and joined the rest of the team on the court. Kagami looked around as they walked onto the hardwood floor, there had to be enough seating in the arena for at least 10,000 people, it not more. His attention was pulled back to the team when the coach started separating them out for teams. For better or worse, he and Aomine ended up on opposite teams.

Kagami got ready to play, neither he or Aomine were in the tip off, but he knew that he couldn't let Aomine get the ball. The game started and there was a lot of back forth between the other players, they were definitely good too, but they weren't quite on the same level as him or Aomine. The game was a bit boring for him, having to watch the others play. Then finally he got his hands on the ball and who else than Aomine was the one to guard him. He saw that spark in Aomine's eyes. He knew this was going to be fun.

He started down the court fast, but Aomine was still right there with him. Aomine was able to block his shot and stole the ball, heading back to the other side of the court. Kagami instantly changed gears and was after Aomine, he wasn't going to let Aomine best him. The rest of the people on the court faded away and it was just him and Aomine. He managed to keep Aomine from scoring and it turned into a furious back and forth with both of them going full speed but neither of them getting past the other. Kagami wasn't sure how long they'd been going like that, he only knew they stopped when there was a loud whistle blow.

The coach walked right up to the both of them, grinning wide. He rested a hand on Kagami's shoulder and the other on Aomine's shoulder. "That was some game you two had," the coach chuckled, "Looks like you're both going to be the ace of this team."

[AN: I hope you guys like this update! this was as good of an awesome basketball fight I could do xD just imagine the awesome AoKaga zone fight in season 2! but do tell me your thoughts!]