Three - Rivals or Friends?

The class went by quickly and before Kagami knew it, it was over. He felt like he'd hardly been able to focus with Aomine sitting next to him. He'd only started putting his notebook away when he glanced next to him and saw Aomine was about to leave already. He had to stop him, he just had to. "A-Aomine..."

Aomine stopped, looking back at him with an eyebrow raised, "What?"

"I have to ask, do we have completely the same schedule?" Kagami couldn't think of anything else to say and he did want to know for certain.

Aomine sighed heavily, pulling out his phone and showing Kagami his lockscreen wallpaper which he had set to a screenshot of his schedule. "So do we have the same schedule?"

Kagami looked closely at the schedule and gulped. He nodded, "Exactly the same, right down to each quiz section."

"Damn," Aomine cursed to himself, putting his phone back in his pocket. He turned on his heel, "Why did it have to be you that I get stuck with."

He bit his lip, standing up too. He didn't want to say anything rashly, but he couldn't deny that he was a little hurt. Even with all of their competing, he thought that he and Aomine had at least become friends while they were in high school. "You do realize that we'll have to spend a lot of time together."

"I'll change my classes," Aomine didn't look at Kagami as he walked up to Aomine's side.

"If you do that, you might as well change colleges, that's the only way you won't be on the same team with me," Kagami snapped, walking alongside Aomine to their next class before practice.

Aomine clicked his tongue, "There is that..."

Kagami shook his head, "Do you really hate me so much?"

"That's got nothing to do with this." Aomine glanced over at Kagami but kept walking, "I've been wanting to ask. Did you finally change?"

"Haah?" Kagami looked at Aomine for a moment, surprised at the personal question. In the entire time that he'd known Aomine, he'd never brought up changing or developed genders.

"It's just that you're like the only guy I know who graduated high school and still hadn't grown into their second gender," Aomine looked straight ahead.

"I'll have you know that I'm fine," he fixed his bookbag on his shoulder, "You don't need to check on me. I went through all of that." He wasn't completely lying, he had definitely started it and gone through most of the change. It seemed for him that as a late bloomer, it was taking longer than average for him to completely grow into his gender. At this point, he still wasn't sure which his body was going for. But he certainly wasn't going to tell Aomine that.

"Relax," Aomine rolled his eyes, "I was just asking."

"Yeah, well..." Kagami still didn't like the invasive question. Luckily they were at the next lecture hall for their next class, "Let's just find somewhere to sit." They both walked into the lecture hall and found two seats together at the back of the hall. Even with how much Aomine complained on the walk over, he didn't complain about sitting next to Kagami again. Kagami wondered if that was a good sign, but he didn't want to get his hopes up.

[AN: what do you think of this update? is the whole gender thing I'm going for here becoming more clear? let me know your thoughts! ^^]