Seventeen - Invitation to Stay

It wasn't long before Kagami walked out of the kitchen and over to the table with plates of food.  Aomine was already sitting there, practically laying on the table, his eyes closed.  Kagami laughed to himself, shaking his head.  "Dinner is ready."

The promise of food was all it seemed to take to get Aomine to liven up.  Aomine sat up straight, looking right at Kagami.  He smiled, "Looks good."

Kagami sighed, shaking his head.  He brought the food to the table, setting a plate down in front of Aomine.  "Here," he smiled, sitting down too, "I hope you like it."

"Of course I will," Aomine looked down at the food, practically drooling.  He picked up his fork and dove right in without waiting for Kagami.

Kagami was hungry too, he knew he should start eating, but he just couldn't handle the suspense.  He didn't know why, but it would mean so much to him if Aomine really loved his cooking.  Aomine didn't say anything about the food, just kept eating it.  He looked quite happy and was eating rather quickly.  Kagami took that as he liked the food, at least enough.  Kagami dropped his gaze to his own plate, starting to take a bite, "I used a lot of your food for this, sorry."

"Don't be sorry, this is delicious," Aomine shook his head, glancing over at Kagami and smirking, "Though I guess we'll have to settle for something prepackaged for breakfast."

Kagami's eyes widened and he nearly dropped his fork.  He couldn't keep himself from staring at Aomine, "We?  Breakfast?"

"Yeah," Aomine shrugged, "Or do you not usually eat breakfast in the morning?"

"In the morning?"  Kagami wasn't processing Aomine's words fast enough.

Aomine narrowed his eyes at Kagami, "You okay?  You just keep repeating everything I say."

Kagami didn't mean to be annoying, he just felt like his mind was short circuiting.  He struggled to find words, "But that would mean..."

"You're staying the night."  Aomine said it so matter of factly that Kagami couldn't stop from blushing at the words.  "Is that a problem?"

"No," Kagami found himself saying immediately back, "No, I'm just surprised is all.  I didn't know what to expect..."

"It's not like I would kick you out right after we do it," Aomine laughed, reaching out to touch Kagami's cheek.  He looked right into his eyes as he asked, "Stay the night with me?"

Kagami kept blushing, but he felt himself smiling too, "Of course."

[AN: I hope you like this update~! Couldn't resist the cute feels! There will be some more cuteness and some smexiness coming up soon too! Just wait, I have a great plan for their evening's entertainment!]