chapter 6

Grace's pov

"Mistress Grace please wake up you need to get ready for school" I hear a maid say to me gently shaking my arm. I open my eyes to see a maid standing there with a tray which I'm guessing is my breakfast. I sit up brushing my hair out of my face.

"You can go now" I grumble. As soon as she leaves the room I place the breakfast on my bedside table and get up to have a shower. I start teenagers by my chemical romance as I get in the shower washing my hair and body. After about 10 minutes i get out of the shower and brush my teeth. I head into my room to get changed. I decide to wear a black crop top with a denim jacket on top, a black pencil skirt and black converses. I go back into the bathroom and do my makeup which is usually nude eye shadow with cat eyeliner and red lipstick then I dry my black hair and put it into a side braid.

I make sure everything is in my school in my school bag before grabbing a piece of toast then running downstairs and rushing out the front door.

*beep beep*

I look to my right and see Jacob pulling up in his sports car.
"Need a lift?" he smirks. I smile and jump into the passenger seat
"Thanks Jacob" i Giggle putting my seat belt on and continue eating my toast. Once we made it to school Jacob parks the car and we make our way to our lockers which are thankfully next to each other.
"Someone's in a rush" I hear a high pitched voice squeal from across the hallway. Ashley.
"oh now now she was just walking to her locker" I hear a posh voice say from the same place. Lillian.
"I'm trying trying to get to my locker in peace" I laugh still walking towards my locker. once I put my things away and got my stuff i needed for today I head towards the form room. As I walk down the corridor I spot the girl I've been wanting to see, Kelly Ridgewood. Her outfit today is super cute. I felt my heartbeat speed up, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear Kelly groan and fall to the floor. I watch as Lillian and Jacob start punching and kicking Kelly over and over. This time I'm going to help her I love her and don't want to hurt me.

"STOP IT!" I shout which shocks everyone including Kelly. I felt kind of embarrassed for shouting but I felt proud. I helped Kelly. I put my hand out to help her up. She seems cautious about everything but I give her a smile that shows she is okay. She takes my hand getting up off the floor. Her hand felt so soft. As she got up her sleeves slipped down her arm and I felt a twinge of guilt when I see a lot of scars on her arm.
After that that Kelly says thank you and runs off.

"What the hell Grace" Jacob rages
"What? i just helped her, you attacked her for no reason and I'm not going to be mean to her anymore!" I shout and storm off towards the music room to see if she was there.

"Grace was actually nice to me, Jacob and Lillian attacked me for no reason but Grace stepped in and helped me" I hear Kelly explain. I felt a twinge of guilt again when she said that. Only now am i realizing how cruel i was to her.
I walk off towards my form room with my head hung low. I need to gain her trust and maybe become friends. I want to start a new friendship with her.

*time skip to the end of the day*

I hear the bell ring signalling the end of the day. I pack my school books into my school bag and head out the school doors and straight home
I walk through the doors of my house but only to be stopped by a maid.

"mistress you look stressed" She says concerned
"Come with me but what we are about to talk about please don't tell my parents" I cautiously ask.
"Of course"We go up the stairs and into my bedroom
"Okay well I'm..... gay and there is this girl at school who I really want to date her but the problem is over the years I have been really mean to her. I want to gain her trust and make a new friendship with her but I'm not sure" I sob
"Ah well then I've had the same problem with your mother and what I said to her was pull that person to the side and have a meaningful chat with her about how sorry you are" The maid, Melanie, really does give the best advice.
"Thank you and as reward £100 and have 2 weeks off!" I giggle. I see her smile as she leaves the room. Now my plan is to form that friendship with Kelly.