chapter 17

Kelly's pov
The day of the summer showcase

I watched Grace come off the stage in her amazing red wispy dress that made her look like a princess. Her hair was tied in a ponytail, even after all that dancing she still looks perfect.

"Babe that was amazing" I whisper wrapping my arms around her shoulders well tried anyway, damn you Grace being taller.
"well your up next and you're gonna be a amazing" Grace tells me returning my hug.
"I hope so I've been practicing for months" I giggle picking up my guitar and head towards the stage
Me and the band head up onto the stage and get everything ready, the room was packed with students, parents and kids. Once we got everything ready the curtain lifted and the crowd roared to life.
"hello Everyone the songs we prepared today are King by Lauren Aquilina, still into you by Paramour and last is shape of you by ed Sheeran" Zoe announced making the crowd scream with joy.

*Time skip*
I'm just about to sing the chorus t shape of you, I scanned the room looking for Grace, when I saw her I made sure to keep eye contact with her through out the chorus.
"I'm in love with the shape of you" I sing as the song finishes. I was so shocked, the band and I got a standing ovation from the crowd.

I take a few bows with the band, we were all proud of ourselves the many months of practice payed off. I run off the stage and head towards the dressing room I had. I opened the door and walked in. I shut the door and turn around to see Grace standing there. I was confused for a moment then suddenly she starts kissing me passionately (Not in a lustful way you weirdos)
The kiss lasted for what felt like ages but in reality was about a minute long
"That was amazing Babe!" Grace shrieks but quiet enough for only me and her to hear it.
"Thank you, your performance was amazing as well" I giggle picking her up and feeling her legs wrap around my waist. She may be taller but she is a bit lighter than me.

"Will you go on a date with me?" Grace asks between kisses
"Of course I will" I giggle putting her down.
"Let me change into some warmer clothes and I'll be right there"
I walk out of the room and check my phone I had a couple texts from Zoe and mike but that was about it.
A couple minutes later Grace walked out of the changing room wearing jeans and a jacket with heels.
"lets go" I say grabbing her hand and walking out of the school.

We walk into a coffee shop and order a hot chocolate and an ice tea.
We pick a table by the window and sit no in non awkward silence.
"So these past few months have been eventful haven't they?" I say looking out of the window
"Yeah but those events have brought us closer and now look at us girlfriends" Grace replies looking out the window, I can she is smiling.
" I love you" I say looking at her
"I love you too, wanna go for a walk through the park?" Grace suggests looking at me
"Yeah sure" I say standing and putting my coat on.

We walk out of the coffee shop hand in hand, as we walked down the street and I loo around at my surrounding.
The sun has just so the sky is a clear sapphire color with stars dotted everywhere. the moon was bright and it illuminated the sky.
The street was very empty and light by dim orange/yellow lights.

we walk over the small wooden bridge connecting the pavement to the park. It had a cute little stream running underneath of the bridge.
we walk over the bridge and make our way to the section of the park we always go to. The section that is right underneath of a cherry blossom tree near the bank of the stream.
I sit down followed by Grace who sits on my lap facing me. She puts one hand on my face and the other hand in mine. She puts her lips on mine slowly, I will never get tired of her lips on mine.

We spend a couple hours cuddling under the tree as well as talking about random stuff not caring how stupid it sounded.
*beep beep*

"Hello? yes mum I underneath I'm coming soon.
Sorry Kelly I have to go mom's panicking because  haven't gone home yet" Grace says getting up of my lap
"yeah thats okay, text me later?" I ask wiping the grass and dirt of my butt
"Of course I will, I love you byeeeee" I laugh at Grace being such a child and start walking towards my house.