chapter 9

Grace's pov
(6 weeks ago)

I have finally done it
I have finally got her trust
I have made a friendship with her
Kelly and I are finally really good friends

In the 6 weeks we were away from school we hung out a lot. We've become really close friends and I've become the happiest girl ever, there might be a chance for us after all.

(present time)

I've just finished practicing for the summer showcase. I swear all I do is practice and practice and practice. Well what I need right now is a shower. I walk out of the dance studio and I am greeted by a beautiful singing voice coming from the music room. I walk closer towards the music room and see the door slightly open. I look through and see Kelly and her band, I realize that the beautiful voice I heard was Kelly's.
I wait outside for about 5 mins. The band walks out and looks at me with disgust in their faces. Then Kelly walks out and her face brightens.
"Grace what are you doing here?" Kelly asks confused
"I was coming out of dance and I heard you all practicing and I wanted to tell you you all are amazing and I really mean it" Grace says excitedly.
"Aw that's sweet Grace" Kelly chuckles back.

"FOR GOODNESS SAKE KELLY, SHE'S BULLIED YOU AND BEEN CRUEL TO YOU FOR MANY YEARS AND ALL OF A SUDDEN YOUR BEST FRIENDS WITH HER! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!" Zoe shrieks then storms off.
"I have to agree with Zoe, you need some serious help, she bullied you and now your best friends with her. How do you know she's not acting all friendly then the minute you say something personal she will spread it across school" Rickey shouts angrily punching Kelly right in the nose causing her nose to bleed.
Mike rushes over with a tissue whilst I pick Kelly up of the floor holding her in my arms.
"You okay Kelly?" Me and mike shout at the same time letting out a chuckle for speaking at the same time.
"Yeah I guess. I just want to go home" Kelly takes the tissue then stands up and makes her way out of the school.
"Please look after her for me Grace" Mike whispers holding my cheek then pulling me into a hug.
"That's a promise I will never break" I say returning the hug
"You love Kelly don't you?"
"I love her so much"
"Then tell her"

I run out the school happy and confused. When did mike figure out I loved Kelly? I'll ask him next time I see him. I run down the path and managed to catch up with Kelly.
"Hey you feeling any better?" I puff out of breath.
"Not really but I am going to be fine" Kelly sighs. We continue walking in silence until we reach her house. Kelly stops right in front of her front door, Her hands trembling.

"I love you"