chapter 8

Kelly's pov

oh my god today has been amazing. First I've been seated next to Grace in English then she gave me her phone number and tomorrow I'm going to her house!!
Nothing can get better than that in my opinion.

I wake up the next remembering what happened last night. I feel a smile creep onto my face. I pick my phone off my bedside table and look at the time 11. crap
I get out of bed and rush into the bathroom and turn on the shower. After about 10 minutes in the shower I get out and dry my hair and my body. I brush my teeth and put my makeup on. I usually ear eyeliner and red lipstick. I then put my lip ring on then go into my room to get changed.

black ripped jeans. black boots, Blackpink t-shirt and a leather jacket.
11:40am
I grab my phone, headphones and house keys and run out the door locking it behind me and start making my way to Grace's house. I turn on my music listening to As if its your last by Blackpink

After about another 10 minutes of walking I make it to Grace's house. She failed to mention that her 'house' was mansion. I walk down the front garden and knock on the door. I was greeted by Grace's beautiful face as the door opens. She welcomes inside.
She takes me to the some stairs that looks like a staircase a princess would walk down. We hit the first floor, walking down the corridor towards a door that is decorated with mcr(my chemical romance), twenty one pilots, panic at the disco, Blackpink, twice and bts stickers and posters.
"Is that your room?" I ask with a slight excitement in my voice.

"Uh yes, yes it is" Grace replies
"I didn't know you were into this stuff" I say I awe
""You like them to?!" Grace exclaims excitedly
"Of course love all of these bands on your door" I sigh excitedly as we enter her room.
"I really like the alternative music I just don't want anyone to find out but don't worry I'm happy you found out" Grace winks at me causing my to blush.

Her room was huge with a walk in wardrobe. Her bed was like a king size x2.Her room is very pink but the amount of posters in her room would surprise a lot of people.
"so the project, who is doing what?" I ask sitting on the floor as she sits on her bed.
"well first things first you can sit on the bed as well next i could do analyze something Shakespeare made, the first thing that comes into my head is the "to be or not to be" from hamlet and you could do the research on Shakespeare himself" Grace suggest
"Yeah that sounds great! I'm up for that" I chuckle standing up and sitting on the bed. I watch as Grace stands up and walks over to her computer. She pulls out paper and a laptop and handing them to me.
"Here use this for research" Grace smiles as she hands me the laptop.
"Can I ask you a question?" Grace asks, I can here caution in her voice.
"S-sure" I stutter nervously
"Do you self harm or something because i always see scars on your arms" Grace asks looking at her computer screen. My heart speeds up. I can feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I keep my head down but fail to keep in mu sobs.
"Oh my god Kelly your crying" well done for stating the obvious Grace
"I'm really sorry for saying something like that out of the blue I didn't mean to upset you" I could hear sadness in her voice.
"Don't apologies it just shocked me that's all, I would answer but i feel since your the popular girl at school and you used to bully me a lot so I feel you would go around and tell everyone" I sigh wiping away the tears out of my face and continuing with the research.I feel Grace's hands wrap around my shoulders and her head on my neck. I don't mind this I actually really like it( Authors note- fact about me I really getting hugs, only from people I trust, But I really like them they make me feel special)

"Look Kelly I've wanted to say this for a while and now is the right time. I am so so so so sorry for the bullying and the pain I have caused you over the many years We have known each other. I really regret it all, I want to start a new friendship with you and hopefully be a person you can trust"
I am so shocked about what Grace just said that I didn't notice that I was crying. not tears of sadness but tears of happiness, there may be a chance for us after all. I turn around and give her a massive hug.
"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to hear those words" I sob into Grace's shoulder "Sorry I'm probably getting your shirt wet" I giggle and cry at the same time.
"It's okay cry as much as you want" Grace sighs stroking my hair and pulling me onto her her lap

After 5 minutes of crying I manage to pull myself together and calm down.
"You feeling better now Kelly?" Grace asks concerned
"Yeah I'm okay now thank you, sorry about that" I awkwardly giggle
"Don't apologies it was my fault for bringing up a sensitive subject" Grace replies. I suddenly realize that I'm still sitting on her lap. I awkwardly move off her lap. Why do I have the shorter one out of both of us?
"You still want an answer? I'll tell you about my past if you want" I say with a straight face whilst looking at the computer.
"Are you sure, if you do say I can promise you 100% that I will keep it a secret" Grace says looking at my face.

" When I was 10 years old I was diagnosed with depression. Every day at school people would bully me because of my clothes, music taste and my appearance. Over the years I got worse which lead to me self harming. It's also bad enough that I am gay and live with parents who are major homophobic cows" By the end of this I felt angry rage inside of me but I calmed down when I felt Graces arms wrap around my shoulders.
"Kelly I am so sorry I didn't know but I'm telling you now that whatever happens from now on I'm on your side" Grace smiles
"What about you? whats your backstory if you don't mind me asking" She knows my backstory so its fair if she tells me hers.

"No it's okay, I don't mind. When I was 14 I diagnosed with anxiety and I know I don't look like someone who would have anxiety. When I was 6 me and my mum went to a concert, she got distracted by some old friends off her, she left me behind and forgot I was there. After while the venue got more and more busy and cramped" Grace explained. That was unexpected.

"Wow I would never of guessed you would have anxiety your always so confident and show no signs of anxiety at all. I am here for you as well Grace"
"That makes me happy. soooooooooooo Ridgewood are we friends or not?"
"Yes Mayfield we are"

We continue working on the project when I realize the time 1:00am, I let out a yawn then 5 seconds later I let out another yawn but I'm determined to get this finished. I let out another yawn. a little giggle could be heard from behind me
"Tired?" Grace giggles
"um yeah I am" I reply
"Here sleep" Grace stands up and gets off her bed and opens the covers
"Uh I can't I'll just go home" I stutter
" No please it's easier for you to sleep here, I'll take the spare bed over there"Grace insists. I look over to where she is pointing and see a spare bed. How did I not notice that?
"Well if you insist" I sigh. I save the work I was doing then shut down the computer I was using. I take my shoes off and my jacket then get into the bed.
"Here use this"
Grace hands me black and white checkered pj bottoms. I slid them on and get into the bed. As my head hit the pillow I fall asleep straight away.

(1412 WORDS!!!!)