Chapter Five: WELCOME TO HUFFLEPUFF (H) & SLYTHERIN (S)

(Hiccup)
I breathed the Hufflepuff common room in. Yes, I am in here. But I'm not with Toothless.
"Why so down, Hic?" Ruffnut asked, "we're in a cool place now."
I nod. But I looked gloomily outside the window, not really paying attention to whatever Veronica Carsall is saying.
"Hic!"
I looked at Ruffnut. "What?"
I realised that everyone in the room was looking at me.
"Mister, uhh... Hiccup, I believe." Veronica started, "if you have any questions on Hogwarts, please... hesitate to ask."
She looked at everyone, "dismissed."
The Hufflepuffs, including Ruffnut, ran straight to their dorms, leaving a few in the common room.
A girl, one that looked exactly like Veronica, but a few years younger, approached. She was younger than me by about a year or two.
"Hi Hiccup, I'm Venice Carsall, Veronica's younger sister." she explained, "you really pissed her off."
"Sorry." I apologise, "I was just missing Toothless."
She looked at me, confused, "a pet owl?"
I shake my head, "more like a pet dragon."
She looked at me, wide- eyed, "but it's forbidden to have pet dragons!"
I shake my head, "it's all the rage where I'm from."
"And where are you from?"
"Berk."
A flash of knowledge gleamed in her eyes, "of course! Berk! They've got that dragon whisperer person."
I laugh, "that's me."
She grinned, "so that's why Hogwarts took you into the programme!"
"I guess." I say.
Venice laughed, "well, mister dragon- whisperer, I would love to stay and chat, but I'm gonna call it a night. See you tomorrow."
"Yeah. Goodnight." I reply as Venice climbed up the steps.

(Jack)
"You got all that?" Ronald Gerul said as he finished his extra long speech.
"Yehh..." everyone else said.
He held his hands up, "dismissed."
Then he went straight up to the dorm.
I wanted to go out and look at that Ravenclaw girl one last time, but who knows where they went?
"Aww... Jackie's lovelorn?"
"Henry!" I complain, "it's Jack! My name is Jack!"
"Whatever you say, Jackers." Henry replied. He leaned backwards on the couch while putting an arm over the brunette beside him.
I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around as a red haired girl with green eyes awkwardly smiled before me. She looked about fourteen.
She tucked a hair behind her ear, "h... h... Hi."
"Uhh... hi?" I reply.
She nervously played with her hair, "so... umm... I'm Scarlett. Scarlett Deom, and... uhh... yeah."
Chuckling, I reply, "Jack Frost."
She giggled nervously, "h... haaii..."
The people still in the common room laughed.
"I... uhh... ummm... So, Jack... Part of the programme? That's... uhhh... cool..."
"I guess." I reply.
She giggled hysterically. I was feeling uncomfortable, especially because she was getting closer.
"Uhh... wait... uhh... Scarlett is it? Yeah, I'm going to call it a night."
I run up the stairs as I heard a group of people laughing behind me and Scarlett shouting, "OMG, HE KNOWS MY NAME!!!"