Chapter Eleven: THE GOBLET OF FIRE

[this is mostly another Jelsa chapter because, well, everyone else are having massive head pains 😉]

(Jack)
Classes were cancelled the following day due to the massive headaches everyone was having. The hospital wing soon filled with students.
I don't know what happened to Scarlett, but I was informed that she would be sent home- expelled- for threatening a student. Of course, she doesn't remember, but Del had the liberty of morphing her memory into thinking she had almost killed Anna, but Elsa did a disarming spell.
I walked into the Great Hall, unusually free of students. The plates of food were on the tables, waiting for students who would probably never come.
"May I join you?"
I turn around and spot Elsa shyly leaning on the doorframe. She looked so cute that way.
You're staring!
"Uhh..." I catch myself, "sure."
She entered the Hall and sat down at her spot in the Ravenclaw table. I sat at the Slytherin.
So close, yet so far.
To my surprise, she stood up with her food and walked towards me.
"May I join you?" she asked again.
I nodded, "I already said yes."
She sat down infront of me and began eating the crepes that appeared on her plate. I noticed she had gloves on.
She pulled out her wand and pointed it at her water goblet, "Aguamenti!"
Her goblet filled with water.
"Won't you eat?" she asked me.
You're staring again!
"Uhh... yeah." I say quickly as I bit into the crepes on my plate.
"Professor Del made me throw away the dress I made last night." she said.
I look at her, "why?"
She drank water, "he said people might ask me where I got it. They might see that it's made of ice and snow, not cloth."
I chuckle.
"What?" she asked me.
I shrug, "nothing."
She playfully punched my shoulder, "you're shrugging again!"
"Ow?" I laugh.
We ate in silence for a few moments.
The awkwardness is killing me.
C'mon Jack, tell her something.
"So," I mutter, unsure of what to say.
She looked at me, "Jack, what were you gonna tell me?"
I looked at her, confused. "What?"
"You know, when we were about to be attacked by those mangy wolves."
I blushed as I remembered.
"Didn't I already tell you?" I said.
She laughed, "I know that that wasn't what you really wanted to tell me, Jack."
I blushed harder.
I like you.
Go on Jack, tell her.
No! Don't tell her!
Don't be a wimp!
Don't!
"I... I was gonna say..." I swallowed hard, "what I really wanted to say was-"
"Hey guys!"
Anna ran towards us.
"Hey Anna." Elsa greeted her sister.
Anna sat down beside Elsa.
"Today's Quidditch game was cancelled." she told us.
"What?!" Elsa and I say simultaneously.
"But today's the first Quidditch game house versus house!" I whined.
"It was going to be Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw!" Elsa whined.
"Then Ravenclaw and Slytherin!" I added.
"That's what Professor Del said." Anna added, "the Quidditch members couldn't play because of their massive headaches."
Elsa sighed.
"But he said that Hogwarts would hold the Triwizard Tournament starting next February." Anna said, "which is unusual, because in every book I've read, it's usually on October. And then we'll have the Yule Ball moved to February. Professor Del's renamed it 'Valentine's Ball'."
I bit off a crepe and swallowed, "what's the Triwizard Tournament?"
"It's some sort of competition for wizards over 17." Anna explained, "and usually, only three wizards are chosen."
"How do you enter?" Elsa asked.
"You put your name in the goblet of fire." Anna added, "which Headmaster Littlemore said would be placed there."
She pointed at the area where, during our first day, the Sorting Hat had been located.
"It's not there." Elsa said.
Anna laughed, "of course, silly! He will have it put there once the two other schools arrive here!"
"Right." I say, "what are the other schools?"
"Beauxbatons Academy and the Durmstrang Institute." Anna answered.

(Elsa)
"So," I say, "when are they coming?"
"Later, before supper." Anna said, "apparently, classes are cancelled for today."
She smiled and left.
"So, Jack." I faced him, "you were saying?"
He swallowed hard, "uhh... I was... I was..."
I laughed, "c'mon, how hard is it to say?"
He sighed, "I was gonna... I-was-gonna-ask-you-if-you-knew-how-to-change-into-an-animal?"
I looked at him suspiciously. I shrug, then I laugh.
"What's so funny?" he asked.
I stopped, "I shrugged."
"What's wrong with shrugging?" Jack asked me.
I shrugged, "nothing."
"You shrugged!" Jack chuckled.
We laugh, then we go silent.
Awkward.
"Umm... Else?" he asked, "I... want to show you something."
I look at him, "what is it?"
He laughed, "it's a surprise."
~
"Where are we?" I ask.
Jack had his hands over my eyes and led me somewhere I guess is nowhere inside Hogwarts. I felt fresh snow crunching under my feet. I smelt freshly fallen snow, which could either be the snow, or Jack. He still had that fresh snow smell.
"Okay, now." he said, "look."
He removed his hands from my eyes. Before me was the ocean. We were on a cliff.
"The view of the sunset is magnificent here." he explained.
"But it's like, 2:54 in the afternoon." I say.
He shrugged, which I actually find cute now.
"So, what will we do here?" I ask, sitting on the ground.
He sat beside me and created a snowflake with his hand, "I guess we wait until sunset."
I watched him as the snowflake circled his hand. The snowflake had an unusual pattern, and I realised that every snowflake he creates, there's a different pattern each. With me, there's almost always only one pattern.
I created a snowflake as well. As I predicted, it was in that same pattern I always made. I tried to make it circle my hands as well, but it went straight for Jack, turning into a snowball. It hit his face.
"Oh my gosh!" I shout as he fell on his back.
I stand up and kneel beside him, "are you alright?"
I tried to remove the snow off his face, but then he flew straight up and onto a nearby tree.
"Jack!" I shout as I stand up.
He laughed and picked up a handful of snow, creating a snowball, "you asked for it!"
He threw it at me and it hit my face. He laughed hysterically, and I wiped it off my face, smiling.
"You call that a snowball?" I smile, slyly.
With a few hand motions, I created a snowball bigger than his head. I held it high above my head without touching it, then I ran at Jack and threw it at him.
He dodged my throw and flew off.
"Foul!" I scold.
He laughed, "don't think we established any rules!"
I couldn't see him, but I could hear him.
"Where are you?" I held a snowball in my hand, prepared.
"Somewhere!" he replied.
Suddenly, Jack hug attacked me from behind. I screamed and he laughed.
I threw the snowball at his face and we fell over, laughing.
I sat up and looked at him, he looked at me.
Awkward.
"Uhmm... we should probably be going back." I tell him, "let's go back during the sunset?"
"Sure." he said.

(Jack)
Later on, we came back to the cliffside.
"Jack, will you enter the Triwizard?" Elsa asked me.
I shrugged, which I do freely now since Elsa stopped reprimanding me about it.
"Will you?"
She shook her head, "I don't think I can do all those things without accidentally revealing my powers."
I nodded, "I guess. But if you could, would you?"
She smiled, "maybe. Possibly. I don't know."
We watched the sun set.
"It's beautiful." she gasped.
I looked at her, "you're beautiful."
Her head turned to me, "what did you say?"
I quickly averted my eyes to the sunset, "nothing..."
I heard her giggle and sigh, "would you?"
I look at her, "would I what?"
"Would you join the Triwizard if you could?"
I shrugged, "maybe. Possibly. I don't know."
She playfully punched my shoulder, "that's my answer!"
I laugh, "mine now!"
"Yeah right!" she laughed. I poked her sides and she jumped, "stop it!"
I continued poking her sides until she couldn't breathe. I helped her up.
"You can tickle." she teased.
I looked at the ocean, "oh look. The other wizard schools are here."
"Let's get back then!" Elsa said as she grabbed my hand and ran towards Hogwarts, dragging me along.

(Anna)
I sat beside Merida. Everyone, mostly everyone, still had headaches- although they were much weaker than this morning.
"Hogwarts will hold this year's Triwizard Tournament!" Littlemore spoke, "and let's welcome the schools who would be participating!"
The hall was filled with applaud.
"Now, let's welcome the students of the Académie de Magie Beauxbâtons, or the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic!"
Students in grey and blue silk uniforms entered the Hall, led by their headmistress, a really tall woman.
"Next, are the students from the Scandinavian school Durmstrang Institute for Magical Learning!"
I applaud. Arendelle's in Scandinavia, so I should show some support.
After everyone had taken their seats, Littlemore explained the Triwizard, the rules, the risks, and the goblet.
The goblet was reeled in by the head boys and girls.
"Usually, only three students are chosen, but occasionally, four, five, even nine students are chosen, so there is no limit of students who can join, nonetheless, students 17 and over are more than welcome to join, students below 17, however, must wait until they are within the age limit to participate. You do not have to enter your name more than once, although you can. But that will not increase your chances of getting chosen. You can enter with any piece of paper or cloth. Good evening!"
"Will you enter?" Merida asked me, "because I would!"
I sipped some soup, "possibly."
~
After supper, students started throwing papers with their names into the goblet.
Merida scribbled her name onto a piece of paper and threw it into the fire. Students from any of the schools applauded when someone does this.
I scribbled my name into a torn piece of cloth. I walked up to the goblet and threw my name in.

(Rapunzel)
"Will you enter, Else?" I asked her.
She shook her head, "I don't think I can join without accidentally revealing my powers."
I nodded and wrote my name on a piece of unused tissue. I threw it in.
I watched Hiccup, Merida, Anna, Astrid, Fishlegs, even Ruffnut enter.
"Punzie." Merida ran to me.
"What?"
She pointed at a Beauxbatons girl who had dark hair and dark make up. She threw her name in.
"She sassed me and Hiccup and the others back in Diagon." she informed me, "her name is Mavis I think."
Like she heard us, Mavis looked our way, smirked, then walked over to her friends.
"Okay, I don't like her either." I declare.