Band Practice

Ashton's POV

I like the summer rain
I like the sounds you make
We put the world away
We get so disconnected
You are my getaway
You are my favourite place
We put the world away
Yeah we're so disconnected

I look over at the door of Luke's garage as it opens in the middle of our song. Luke wasn't going to be happy, mostly because it was his step brother Michael. I didn't mind much, and I doubt that Calum did either, we'd been at this all day long. 

"What Michael?!" Luke snaps at the boy. I was slightly shocked at that because I had never seen Luke be so uptight with someone; I'd also only seen him a few times with his step brother.

"U-uh..." Michael opens and closes his mouth at a loss of words for a moment before looking over to the other side of the room away from Luke. "Mum said dinner was done, and that Ashton and Calum could stay if they wanted." He quickly says before rushing away closing the door behind him.

"He is so annoying sometimes, I mean he's a cool little brother to have, but he just doesn't get it. He acts so weak and helpless all of the time." Luke complains putting his guitar on it's stand.

"He does seem really helpless at school all of the time." Calum comments setting down his bass.

"Wouldn't know really. I've only seen the kid when I'm here, I avoid Freshies." I say leaning back in my seat behind the drums, spinning one of my drum sticks around.

"Yeah we remember, even though you were a Sophomore you acted so highly to us." Luke says giving me a glare. "What exactly do have against them?" 

"I don't really have anything against them. I just think that they shouldn't be in high school yet, they aren't ready for it. When our parent's went to school, there was only Sophomore's, Juniors, and Seniors. No Freshman, and that's how it should have stayed." I bark. Everyone always asked me this question and it was always going to be the same answer. Luke and Calum have asked me this question a few too many times, and it was getting on my nerves.

"Is it really that Ashton? Or is it two years ago, when you got together with a Freshman and she dum-"

"I TOLD YOU TO NEVER SPEAK OF THAT!" I yell at Luke stopping him from finishing his thought. That was never to be spoke of. No one ever talked about that anymore, mostly because they were scared of me. That was such a bad year for me, but when life kicks you in the ass, you kick it right back in the face.

"Alright sorry." Luke says holding up his hands. I glare at him for a moment longer before grabbing my coat. "You gonna stay for dinner?" 

"Well, I'm gonna go and see if my dad locked me out, if he did then yeah I'll be back. You know, the normal." I tell him before he nods and I walk out. I walk down the street, about 15 houses down, most of the block. I was at my house within 5 minutes. I always rush to see if my dad locked me out, because I know that if he hasn't while he's still home and not at work, I was in deep shit. I always like when my dad locks me out because Mrs. Hemmings says that I can come over for dinner or just whenever I get locked out of my house.

I walk up to the front door of my house as I get the and jiggle the nob. Doesn't move, it's locked. I'll get in once my dad goes to work tonight. My dad just doesn't really like me at all. Why he took me when he and my mom split up, is beyond me, but he did while my mom has my sister and brother. I do see them, just not as much as I would like.

I run back to Luke's house knowing that I shouldn't keep anyone waiting if they were. I walk back into the garage when I get there finding Luke and Calum standing there looking down at something.