The Science of Sound

Michael's POV

Ashton stayed over tonight which was really nice. At the moment he, Calum, and Luke were out getting pizza for all of us. Hanna's also staying over because we still have the Science project to work on. It's meant to be on sound, but we just can't figure out what to do.

"Mikey! Han! We're back!" Luke shouts from somewhere in the house.

"Did he just call me Han?" Hanna asks giving me a confused look as she walks down the stairs fully concentrated on her computer. I mean she has a really nice MacBook Air. I just get the feeling that she's going to somehow break it.

"I did." Luke says as we walk into the kitchen. Ashton practically skips over to me and throws an arm around my shoulder making me blush.

"How come you never do that to me?" Luke fake whines to Calum making him roll his eyes.

"Because apparently to everyone I'm the bitch in this relationship." Calum grumbles glaring at me. I turn my head laughing into Ashton's shoulder. 

"Well I do top." Luke smirks giving Calum a kiss.

"That I didn't need to know." Hanna says still scrolling on her computer and putting pizza into her mouth. Okay how does she do it? She didn't even look up at any of us. "And before any of you ask, this is me. This has always been me, I'm just crazy at time, this is my true self." She says before anyone even gets to open their mouth. It's like she was reading our minds!

"She's a mind reader! Everyone cover your head in tin foil!" Ashton says running from the room.

"What did you do to him?" I ask looking at the spot where Ashton had jumped over the couch. I was almost scared for life now. Maybe I didn't want to date Ashton... What am I saying? He's one sexy ass dude! Have you seen his arms?!

"Nothing. That's just me being me. I'm not as blunt as cruel as people make me out to be baby." Ashton pops his head up over the couch with a smile. "I am actually a very bubbly person." 

"You should have known him when we were younger. He would never shut up." Calum laughs with a mouth full of food. Dude gross.

"Does he even shut up now?" Luke asks from his place.

"Now I will refuse to talk to any of you for the rest of the day." Ashton says sticking his nose up at us. 

"Ash what about band practice? You gotta sing." I ask, giving him a confused look. Ashton has a couple of solos in their songs, not many but they are pretty nice solo's.

Ashton watches me with a blank look before smiling. "YOU CAN SING THEM!" He shouts before closing his mouth and turning away from us. 

"Oh no. Not gonna happen." I back away from Luke and Calum who were grinning at me.

"Oh come on Michael! One time, join the band for one night. Since Ashton's being annoying, just please Michael." Luke begs putting his arms around me. "Be the best little brother and sing Ashton's parts this time." 

"No Luke. I don't want to do anything for your band. That's not my thing." I push him away from me and walk to the corner of the room. I loved music, I love writing it and playing, but I didn't really want to be in a band. There was more that I could do with my life then be in some band, no matter how much I loved music. It just wasn't going to happen.

"I've got it!" Hanna exclaims standing up from her spot at the kitchen counter. 

"Got what? A loud mouth? Because that was really loud." Calum says rubbing his ear.

"No. I've figured out what me and Michael can do for our Science project! And you three are gonna help." She smirks putting her computer in the middle of the counter. She was on YouTube, a song that I'm sure we all knew very well was paused on the screen.