There's Always Something

Ashton's POV

"Michael!" I yell after the younger lad running off. I grab the toy he had won before running after him. I knew I shouldn't have talked Luke and Calum into making him get onto this damn ride. It was pretty crazy to be on, I was a little freaked out in the end myself, but damn; Michael was just terrified. 

"Michael! Michael?" I shout running around the fair. I couldn't find him anywhere. I finally stop and let myself fall onto a bench that was next to me. I felt so bad, I knew he'd hate me for the rest of our lives. I only wanted to go on that ride to mess with him, and that ended up backfiring. He was so freaked out on the way up, and what did I do? 

I held his hand and caressed his cheek.  

What in the hell was I thinking then? That I was an asshole for doing that to him? Or was it that I wanted Michael to feel safe? Both knowing my dumbass luck.

I feel like my fucking father now. I couldn't believe that I was thinking that, but I really did feel like my father now. He's a huge asshole, and now I'm one. I'm normally an ass as a joke, and most people know that. But I don't feel that way this time. I know I'm bipolar, but this isn't that.

I was just a down right ass to Michael.

"Why are you so stupid, Ashton?" I snap at myself quietly. "Your father is right. You're just a stupid, worthless, good for nothing, fagget." I continue to use my father's words on myself, as I sit on the bench hugging Michael's toys. 

I'm just a stupid, worthless, gay boy; that likes his best mates younger brother. I'm so fucked up.

"A-Ashton?" My head snaps up and I find a tear faced boy stood right in front of me. 

"Michael!" I exclaim jumping up and pulling him into a hug. Holy shit was I worried about this kid.

"A-Ashton, why were y-you crying?" He asks me keeping his head in my shoulder.

"Because I'm an asshole. I'm so sorry Michael. We should have never made you go on that ride." I hide my face in the boy's fluffy white hair.

"I-it's okay Ashton. I promise it is." Michael says pulling out of our hug and standing awkwardly in front of me. "Why were you calling yourself those names?" He must have been near me when I was scolding myself.

"Becase they're true." I sigh sitting back down on the bench.

"I don't think so. You're not stupid, Luke says you're really smart. Most defintally not worthless or good for nothing, if you were then why are you one of the most amazing drummer's and in a band? And I don't know about the last one, I don't like the word, but I don't know if you're gay or not; so…" Michael stood in front of me as he spoke very kind words. I think it might have been the nicest thing he's sad to me. Well maybe, I couldn't really remember everything that Michael has said to me, which really wasn't much.

"Thanks Michael. But I'm pretty damn sure that at least one of those is true." I look up at him with a weak smile, and he smiles back. "But, gay, I am not." His breath hitches, and he looks away from me. "But, Bi, I am." I chuckle when he whips around and looks at me slightly excited.

"Wait why did you make fun of Luke and Calum before then?"

"It was a joke. A lot of people can't tell the difference of me joking, and me acutally being rude. Luke and Calum both know that whatever I say to them, normally is me joking around." I laugh as Michael smiles.

"I call them Cake myself. It's like a stupid bromance name for them."

"I like that. It fits them." Michael agrees. He sits down next to me and picks up the toy from before. 

"Ashton, why does your dad lock you out?"

"I-I I'd rather not talk about it." I let my eyes wonder to somewhere else in the fair. I couldn't talk about that. No one know's why my dad locks me out. No even Luke. It's just something I don't want anyone to know.

"Okay... I'm sorry for asking." 

"It's alright Michael. It's just something I don't like talking about." I tell him trying to smile. It was hard to smile after the thoughts of why my father locked me out. "I think we should go and find Luke and Calum, they might be worried." I stand to my feet and hold out my hand for Michael to take.

All I was going to do was help him, geez people, over react much? I know there was some fan girls freaking out.

Michael shook his head and threw his toy at me -which I caught- and got up himself before taking his toy back and walking away from me. This kid was weird. But I liked that.

_________________________________________________________

Shit. Shit. Shit. It's short again. They're gonna kill me!

Oh... Hey guys!!! So yeah that was the update. I hope you liked it. 

Now you guys met my goals very fast. (Nothing new there. -__-)

So the new goals are:

40 votes! 15 comments! 150 reads on the chapter! And lastly somewhere close to 1,250 reads on the whole book! 

Can we do that? I think we can. Let's do this!

Oh and guys don't forget to Pre-Order 5SOS' new single Don't Stop on iTunes tomorrow!!!

And can you all do me a huge favor and check out Ricky Dillon's new single Ordinary? It's amazing and I'm sure you guys will like it.

Ready?

GO! And Don't Stop!