Drop

Michael's POV

It was now about 7 PM the fair was going to be shutting down at around 9. We all wanted to catch one last ride before we had to leave. Mom had called a couple of hours ago saying that her and dad we're going on a trip for the week so they wouldn't be there when we got home. Me and Luke would have the house to ourselves, unless Calum and Ashton stayed.

"Let's go on the Sizzler!" I exclaim hoping that I wouldn't get overruled for the Drop Zone.

"I think we should go on the Drop Zone." Ashton days with a smirk that went from ear to ear.

"Careful your face might freeze like that." I grumble.

"What's wrong Michael don't wanna go?" Calum asks. I could easily hear the teasing in his voice. Damn him he's meant to be the nice friend.

"Come on guys don't push him." Luke says giving me a pat on the shoulder.

"But Luke!" They whine. I frown as they both give Luke puppy faces. I fucking hate these guys.

"I didn't say I wasn't going to push him." Luke chuckles evilly making me sigh.

"I hate you all." They push me up the stairs that stood on the side of the ride and onto the walk way that entered to the ride. 

"LAST RIDE!" The dude running the ride called. The boys push us through the crowd to where we're standing right in front. Now I was screaming on the inside and ready to wet my pants. This was the worst day of my life so far. 

"You four?" The guy asks Luke and he nods his head pushing me up to a seat and sitting next to me. Ashton took my other side while Calum sat on Luke's other side. I think I'm going to talk to Luke about Calum when we get home.

"I hate you. I hate you. I hate you." Each time I said that I looked each one of these bastards in the eyes. I really meant that right now. 

"You'll be fine Michael." Ashton laughs and pats my knee from his spot next to me. I glare at him as the ride starts going up it's over 50 feet into the air. I take deep breaths, trying to keep myself calm, but it soon stopped working. We were now half way up and I was close to hyperventilating.  

"Michael?" I turn my head looking away from the ground and too Ashton. "Are you okay?" I shake my head quickly, knowing my words wouldn't make it out without me screaming. I was shocked at Ashton's next move though.

He grabbed my hand holding it in his tightly. He gives me a smile and I panicky smile back at him. My mind was jumbled between being up really high, and Ashton holding my hand. I didn't know which one I was more afraid of. I mean Ashton can be really scary, but hights have always been a problem with me. I've been in a plane before, but it didn't bug me, things like these fair rides. Do.

"Michael, you just need to calm down. It's going to be alright." Ashton says as I look up seeing we were close to the top. I squeeze my eyes shut, clenching Ashton's hands really hard. I was scared for my life right now. I mean you fly at the ground at like 20-30 miles per hour, and you're strapped into a metal death trap!

"I-I can't!" I shriek. I open my eyes when a large hand rests on my cheek. Ashton turned my face to him, so I was now looking into his amazing hazel eyes. 

"You'll be fine." Ashton's words come out, just as the lights on the ride go out and we drop to the ground. 20 feet from the ground we slow and the lights come back on. I was still holding onto Ashton's hand as we come back onto the platform. I unbuckle the belt and run off of the ride as fast as I could. I didn't care about anything else I just wanted away from everything.

"Michael!" Someone calls but I keep running. I wasn't going to stop until I found somewhere that I felt was safe. And I only felt safe at home in my room.

______________________________________________________

Short. I. Know. I'm pissed too. But the next chapter is going to be so amazing!

But don't kill me. I mean it. You guys have been getting nice long chapters, and that's what you will get. Normally. Sometimes, we just need that short cliffhanger chapter.

So you guys got to my goals fast. I was shocked, is an understatement. I mean I updated before the votes got to 20, but whatever there was like 15 or something like that. 

So today I am going to ask for 20 votes, 10 comments, at least 75 reads on the chapter, and finally over-all reads on the story, 750 and over. You guys got to 550 easy. And I'm thinking this will be the same.