Cuddles

Michael's POV

"Baby, how come you won't join the band? You did a great job in that little music video that we did today for your project." Ashton said with his face in my neck.

"Because I don't know what life still is going to bring to me. I love music so much, but what if there is something else that I'm meant to do with my life?" I sigh turning over so I was facing him. Like Ashton had said before, we were going to cuddle for the rest of the night. We had watched the music video me made so many times. Hanna was doing the write up for if in the living room because she was staying over. Luke and Calum were asleep -for once- in Luke's room. Hanna's friends Keaton and Tyler, had left earlier, they were nice.

"Michael, the band might not be a forever thing. It's really just for fun right now." Ash says kissing my nose. "I know you'd have fun. And I'd love to hear your sexy voice more often." I giggle as Ashton kisses my nose again and then my lips. It was a quick kiss, but it was sweet.

"I'll think about it, okay?" I yawn hiding my face in his chest.

"Alright." Ashton pulls me closer to his and holds me tighter in his arms. I felt so safe in them, it made me smile.

Soon there was a knock on my door, and we both froze. "Michael, I need to talk to you really fast." It was my dad, if he saw me and Ashton like this he'd blow a gasket.

"Hold on a second dad." I call to him. "Hide on the other side of the bed. It'll only be a second." I push him over the edge lightly waiting until he was hidden before going over to me door and opening it showing my father. I walk out closing the door behind me.

"What's up?" I ask him with a smile.

"Michael, this might be hard on you, but... Your moms not doing too well." 

"What are you talking about? Mom was just fine this morning when I talked to her." I say confused as ever. There was nothing wrong with mom, she's been in perfect health for ever now.

"Not your step mom Michael. Your real mom." My face drops. My real mom didn't always care for me, but I still loved her. I didn't want anything to happen to her.

"W-what's wrong? Is she alright? What did that jerk do to her now?" I ask in a frenzy. I was really worried about my mom, her boyfriend was such an asshole.

"He's not around her anymore... Michael, your mother had cancer. They said she wont live much longer."

"W-what? No. Please tell me you're joking." I back away from him slowly, praying that my mom would jump out and say it was all a joke. But when nothing happened, I knew it was true. "N-no. Oh God, no." I fall to my knee's, wanting to die. I couldn't lose my mom, I just couldn't, she meant way too much to me.

"I'm so sorry Michael. If you want to go and stay with her for a while you can. I'll take you tomorrow if you'd like." My dad says pulling me into a hug. I knew my dad still loved my real mom deep down, but he and my step mom were so perfect together, I'm really happy for them. But sometimes I wish my real family was completely together. I love my new one though, I love it a lot, I've met so many amazing people, like Ashton. Ashton. Oh God, I didn't want to tell him about this, he'd freak out and treat me like a two year old. I wasn't going to let that happen.

"C-can I go tomorrow? I really wanna see her." I say calming myself down. I took deep breaths as my dad nods helping me to my feet. He hugs me once more before leaving me saying that he was going to go and call my mom. I continue to calm myself down for a bit longer before walking back into my room.

"Hey what took so long. Is everything alright?" Ashton asks as I walk in.

"Yeah, my dad just needed to tell me something, then Hanna had a question about the project. It was nothing." I say walking over and falling into his arms. It was going to be so hard hiding this from him, but I had to tell him. Maybe after I saw my mom, I'd tell him. I'll have to make sure Luke doesn't tell him anything, because I know I'll be telling Luke about this so he could get my school stuff for me. I knew I'd be gone for a little while.