Chapter 23:

"It was fun", he said surprising me. I just stared at him.

He looked at me and smiled. The sun was setting right behind him, making him look almost angelic. I continued to stare.

"Did you have fun?", he asked me, bringing me back from my trance.

"I did. It was amazing. The best day ever", I said and grined at him.

He smiled as he got off the swing and came to stand infront of me.

I was about to ask him why when he said, "I've been meaning to tell you something Naruto".

He looked serious, making me curious as to what he wanted to tell me.

He continued, "I should have told you this a long time ago. But I was too much of a coward"

where was he getting with this?

"Naruto.. For the longest time.. I've been in love with you", I stared at him wide eyed, too shocked to say or do anything.

"I love you Naruto. I'm sorry I hid it from you", he looked guilty.

I continued to just stare at him.

He looked more sad and guilty with each passing second.

"I understand if you don't feel the same. And want to stop being friends", he said quickly and looked about ready to break down.

My eyes widened at this as I stood up to protest, "NO!", a bit too loud.

He was shocked at my out burst.

"I mean.. I.. Uh.. It's..", I blushed.

I wanted to tell him so much. That there was no way in hell I would stop being friends with him. That even if I were not in love with him he'd always be my only best friend. And. That I did love him. But I didn't tell him. I couldn't.

TBC..