Diner

Vanoss P.O.V

We enter the diner when a lady approached us at the door.

"A table for two?" The lady asked. She was wearing a red and yellow uniform with a silver name tag that had "Missy" printed on it.

"Yes please, is it possible for a booth?" Delirious questions.

"There was one that just open, it needs to be clean. It's in a corner, is that alright?" Missy points at a table in the corner that is three tables down from the door which is being clean by a lady in a similar uniform except it's white.

"Yes, perfect. Thanks" I look up at Delirious who was smiling brightly at Missy and I switch my attention to the waitress cleaning our table. She grab the cart beside her before placing her rag in a blue bucket and walks off to another table.

"Oh, follow me" Missy chirps. Missy sat us down at the table before grabbing the menus that were trapped between the wall and a small basket with salt, pepper, hot sauce, mustard and ketchup. It had a black tray with different color packets beside it.

Missy reached into her pocket, pulling out two wrapped napkins and placed it in front of us.  "Here, another waiter would come and get your orders"

Delirious nodded at the lady and smiles as she left before looking over at the menu. I pick up mine and I looked over it, picking up what Delirious is doing.

There are so many choices, I didn't know what pick.

"Hi, I'm your waiter for today. My name is Henry. What would you like to drink?" My head shot up at the voice and it was a guy with black pants and a black button up shirt, holding a brown pad with a pen. Henry look at me, waiting for answer to, I guess, write down.

"Um uh, water" I quickly blurt out but he doesn't write anything down.

"Okay and for you?" Henry turn his attention towards Delirious.

"Coffee, please" Delirious orders, he still doesn't write anything down.

"Alright, are y'all ready to order or do you need more time?" Henry looks at us for confirmation.

"More time, please" Delirious nods at the guy and he nods back before leaving. Delirious focus on the menu once again and I do the same.

What the fuck do I choose?

I look at Delirious, seeing what he is doing and he was nodding then set down his menu.

What did he do?

I see the waiter coming back with a tray of cups and I panic.

Shit shit, what do I say? I'm not even hungry anymore.

"Are y'all ready?" Henry says as he places the mug and glass down then places his tray between his legs. Henry gets the brown pad and pen from his pocket.

"Yup, I'll take the All Special-" Delirious order and Henry wrote down.

"How would you like your eggs?"

"Sunny side up"

"Hashbrowns or grits?"

"Hashbrowns"

"Bacon, sausage or ham?"

"Bacon"

"Do you want your waffle now or at the end?"

"At the end" Delirious stopped ordering and Henry stopped writing. Delirious placed his menu between the wall and the basket. "Can I get some cream for my coffee please?"