Chapter 10: Hanayo-chan? Hanayo-chan.

"So cute!" Honoka cried, standing by the doorway of a huge room, filled with cats prowling, sitting, or lying around.

Rin smiled. "I know, right!" Rin knelt down and placed the ginger and white cat - which they finally found - on the floor. The cat sat down and licked the back of its paw. "I love the - achoo!"

Honoka jumped back. "Rin-chan! Are you alright?"

Rin smiled. "Fine, nya... I'm allergic to cats."

"Wait... You're..." Eli shook her head. "Then why are you working in a cat shelter?!"

"... They're too cute," Rin said. "I just love cats with all my - achoo!"

"We'll have to hurry and get back to your house, Honoka," Eli said, anxiously looking at the time on her phone. "I bet Nozomi, Nico and Maki will already be there."

So they headed back home. Eli was right - Nozomi and the others were already there. After Nozomi and Eli made some cups of tea and Honoka piled some confectioneries onto a plate, everyone sat together on a bench outside, as it was such a lovely day.

Nozomi and Eli sat together, Maki and Nico sat opposite them, and Honoka and Rin sat on the chairs at either end of the table.

"This is nice, nya!" Rin smiled, taking one piece of candy in each hand.

"So what's actually going on?" Maki asked, twirling her hair.

Honoka gave them a detailed explanation of what had happened from the day she got the letter from Love Live to that current moment. Everyone looked at her whilst she spoke, and Honoka didn't notice how worried they all looked until she had finished.

"Did...did I say something wrong?" Honoka asked.

"You...you just spoke, nonstop, for a whole fifteen minutes," Maki said, looking at her watch. Honoka couldn't tell if Maki's voice was full of awe or annoyance.

Honoka laughed. "Oops... Sorry!"

"Don't be," Eli smiled. "That was a very detailed description! Although I don't think we all needed to know what you had for breakfast that morning, as well as the dream you had..."

"So μ's is going to perform one last time!" Rin cried happily. "I've missed dancing as a school idol, nya!"

"We can't be school idols anymore," Nico reminded them. "We've graduated." But then Nico smiled. "But I'm excited too!"

"We just need to contact need Kotori, Umi, and Hanayo," Eli said.

"Oh, I know where Kayo-chin is!" Rin said.

"You do?!" Nozomi asked.

Rin nodded. "Of course, nya! I see her nearly everyday! You really think I wouldn't keep in contact with my best friend after I graduated from school?" Rin laughed.

Honoka thought about Kotori and Umi, and immediately felt guilty, again, that she had never spoken to them since they left Japan.

Honoka tried to push the thought out of her head as she looked at Rin. "So can you call her and get her to come here!"

"Sure, nya!" Rin grabbed her phone and speed dialed Hanayo.

"Kayo-chin! Yes, are you free to talk?" Rin asked. A few short seconds later, her smile dropped. "I see... Later then? I can... Okay, bye bye!"

"Is everything okay?" Eli asked.

"Kayo-chin is working right now," Rin told them. Then Rin smiled. "Hey, are you guys hungry? I know a good place we can go eat, nya!"