Chapter 42: Everything Would Be Alright... Hopefully...

"Deepest fears?" Eli repeated.

Honoka nodded. "Yep! We're just trying to work out what Maki-chan is scared of."

"I keep telling you," Maki said, folding her arms. "I'm not scared of anything!"

"You've got to be scared of something!" Nico cried.

"Everyone's scared of something," Eli said to Maki. "No mater how strange of a fear it is."

"Guys...look!" Rin exclaimed, pointing to the floor by the fireplace.

"What is it?" Kotori asked.

"There's a massive spider!" Rin explained.

Maki's eves widened with fear, and she jumped onto the sofa. "A spider? Where? WHERE?! Oh God, don't let it come near me! I'll - "

But Maki's sentence was cut short, as her eyes rolled to the back of her head, her legs lost their strength, and she fell unconscious, collapsing on the sofa.

"Oh...wow..." Umi gasped.

"Maki-chan?" Honoka asked, prodding Maki's cheek gently. "I think she fainted..."

"Oh my God," Nozomi cried. "Maki's fainted?! Someone get help!" Nozomi waved her arms dramatically. "Someone get a doctor!! Oh wait...Maki is the doctor..."

"Well, she won't be getting over that fear anytime soon," Nico said solemnly.

"Rin-chan, get that away from me!" Hanayo squealed.

Rin had caught the spider in her hands, and was holding it towards Hanayo's face. "But it's cute, nya!"

"No it isn't!" Hanayo wailed.

"I don't want to see it either!" Kotori screamed, as Rin tried to show Kotori the spider too.

"Rin-chan, why don't you take the spider outside?" Eli suggested.

Rin nodded and stood up. "Okay..."

"And don't forget to wash your hands!" Hanayo yelled after Rin.

"Okay," Honoka said. "Hanayo-chan, what are you scared of?"

"Oh," Hanayo said slowly. "I... I don't really know..."

"Hanayo-chan's probably scared of running out of rice balls, or something like that," Nico said with a small eye roll.

"That would be quite scary," Hanayo said. "But no, that's not my biggest fear. I don't really like...scary films."

"You don't like horror films?" Umi asked.

Hanayo shook her head.

"So...technically, Hanayo is scared...of being scared?" Nozomi asked.

"I guess," Hanayo shrugged.

"Aww!" Kotori smiled kindly. "That's nothing to worry about! We'll help you conquer your fear!"

"How?" Hanayo asked.

Nozomi snapped her fingers. "How about Would You Rather?"

"You mean the game?" Honoka asked.

Nozomi shook her head. "No, the film! If Hanayo's scared of watching scary films, the only way for her to conquer that fear is to watch a scary film!"

"We can't really force Hanayo-chan to watch a horror film," Eli reminded Nozomi. "She'd be scarred for life."

"Oh...good point," Nozomi said.

Hanayo's eyes were widened with horror. "I don't want to watch a scary movie!"