Chapter 40: Truth Or Dare

May was the month of sunshine. The sun rose early in the morning, and didn't set until later on during the evening. Because of this, the members of μ's were practicing for longer during the day. Each day they practiced and improved, even when they thought they were step-perfect after each session, one member had always found a way to make their performance even better.

As it got closer to Love Live, Umi suggested once more that they practice less, in order to save their energy, and prevent any injuries. Everyone agreed this was a good idea.

One night, everyone was getting ready to go to bed, but nobody was tired. They knew that they shouldn't stay awake too late, but nobody was ready to sleep just yet...

Honoka grinned. "I have an idea!" She jumped up from her seat. "Let's all bring our blankets and pillows and sleep together into the living room!"

"Sleep together?" Maki asked. "Honoka, don't word it like that..."

"Like a sleepover?!" Rin cried, jumping up. "Why haven't we done this sooner, nya?!"

"And we can stay awake and tell ghost stories and play games," Nozomi grinned.

Hanayo gulped. "Please...no ghost stories..."

Everyone went upstairs to get changed, and came back fifteen minutes later dressed in their pajamas. Honoka's pajamas were a pink shirt and grey shorts; Kotori was wearing a pastel green nightgown; Umi was dressed in a dark blue long sleeved shirt with buttons down the middle and matching trousers; Rin was wearing black and red chequered pajamas; Hanayo was dressed in Rin's ginger cat onesie; Maki was wearing a purple and pink shirt and blue shorts; Nico's pajamas top and trousers were pink and white stripes; Eli was wearing a yellow shirt and blue trousers that reached halfway down her calf; and Nozomi was wearing a purple nightgown with a see-through shawl.

Honoka, Umi, Maki and Eli had pushed all the furniture in the living room to the sides, and had arranged the mattresses together in the middle of the room. Kotori and Hanayo prepared the snacks, and Nico made the drinks. Rin insisted she was sensible enough to help, so Nico let her carry the tray of cups as long as she didn't break them. Thankfully, Rin completed this task successfully.

Soon everyone was sat together on their designated mattress. Honoka sat down on the end mattress, and to her left were Maki, Nico, Umi, and Rin; and to her right were Eli, Nozomi, Kotori, and Hanayo.

Everyone sipped their hot chocolates happily and passed around the cupcakes Kotori and Hanayo brought in.

"So what should we do first, nya?" Rin asked excitedly.

"Hmm..." Nozomi grinned. "How about Would You Rather?"

"The film?" Honoka asked.

Nozomi shook her head. "No, the game."

"What's that?" Eli asked.

Nozomi turned to Eli. "It's easy. We'll show you. I'll start. Honoka, would you rather...kiss Kotori or Umi?"

Umi and Kotori both gasped and looked at Honoka, their eyes wide as they waited for their answer.

Honoka looked at Nozomi unsurely "Do I actually have to do it?"

Nozomi shook her head. "No, but which would you rather?"

Honoka looked at Umi and Kotori and grinned cheekily. "I'd kiss them both?"

"Honoka!!!" Umi cried, her face flushing.

Kotori blushed and covered her mouth with her hand. "Honoka-chan..."

"Okay, okay," Honoka said. "I'll ask Nozomi-chan now: would YOU rather kiss Nico-chan or Maki-chan?"

"Why are all these questions about kissing?" Eli asked. "Is this part of the game?"