Chapter 14: All The Members Of μ's

Kotori lead Honoka, Umi, Eli and Nozomi up three floors (in the large elevator) and took them into a large room, with four grey sofas surrounding a wooden coffee table.

Kotori took a seat, and Honoka sat to her left and Umi sat to her right. Eli and Nozomi sat opposite them. 

"So what's going on?" Kotori asked. "Why are you four here?"

"We need to reunite μ's!" Honoka said immediately, almost shouting, taking hold of Kotori's hand.

Kotori tilted her head. "Huh? Why, Honoka-chan? As much as I love μ's, I thought we all agreed - "

"Love Live may get closed down," Eli said.

Kotori's look of puzzlement turned into an expression of sadness. "Oh, how awful..."

"μ's have been asked to perform at next years Love Live," Umi explained. "To try bring more popularity to Love Live."

Kotori's eyes lit up. "We're all going to perform together again?!"

"Only if you can come back to Japan with us to rehearse and perform," Nozomi said.

Kotori smiled. "I told all my coworkers about μ's and Love Live. They've seen the videos online. They said we were inspiring!! I'll ask, but I'm sure they'll let me come back to Japan with you!"

Kotori lead everyone back down to the first floor, where Kotori met up with the blonde haired woman again.

"Is there a chance that I could take an unpaid leave?" Kotori asked in English. "I have to go back to Japan. For μ's."

The woman looked at Honoka and the others. "These are your friends from μ's?" The woman asked.

"She talking about us again," Honoka murmured in Japanese. "I hate the English language."

"Shut up," Umi pleaded quietly with Honoka.

"I watched your performances," the blonde woman said to everyone. "Even though I have no idea what you were all saying, you all performed amazingly!"

"Thank you!" Nozomi smiled.

Umi coughed. "Thanks."

Eli looked at Nozomi and stammered, trying to copy what she said. "T- tank f- fuu."

"Close enough," Nozomi smiled at Eli. "Cute and clever Elichika."

Honoka didn't know what had just been said, so she just nodded.

"I'll sort your leave out for you," the blonde woman smiled at Kotori. "You go back to Japan. Your job will be here waiting for you when you get back."

Kotori beamed. "Thank you so much!"

Kotori and her friends from μ's shook hands with the blonde woman before heading to the exit of the store.

"This was the complete opposite of my dream," Honoka said to Umi, sighing with relief.

"See, Honoka-chan?" Umi smiled. "Everything worked out perfectly!"

"Kotori!" A male voice called.

Everyone turned to look, and there was a young adult male coming towards them. He was tall, and had the palest shade of skin Honoka had ever seen, with dark hair flowing passed his jaw line and grey eyes. He was wearing a blue suit with a pink tie. Kotori saw him and blushed a little.

"What's going on?" He asked her.

"English again," Honoka shook her head.

"Honoka," Eli whispered quietly, getting her to stop complaining.

"I'm going back to Japan!" Kotori told him happily.

"Really?" The man smiled. "That's cool! How long will you be there?"

"A few months," Kotori replied. "It's to do with μ's."

The man nodded. "I see. Message me when you get there?"

Kotori grinned and nodded enthusiastically. "Of course!"

Nozomi and Eli shared a knowing look and grinned.

"Kotori has a boyfriend?!" Nozomi said as the man walked away.

Kotori blushed. "No I don't! He's just a friend!"

"A really good friend?" Eli asked.

"Aww, Kotori-chan is growing up!" Honoka smiled.

Kotori shook her head. "Follow me, and I'll take you to my apartment. I'll have to pack up my things and we'll have to book flights back home."

"The flights are already booked," Eli said. "We leave in three days."

Kotori smiled. "That's perfect!"

*****

"Do you think they'll find Kotori-chan?" Rin asked that evening as she, Nico, Maki and Hanayo sat in Honoka's kitchen eating ramen with Yukiho and Alisa.

Although the members of μ's didn't want to outstay their welcome in Honoka's home - especially when she wasn't there - Yukiho said they were more than welcome to stay.

"Of course they will," Nico said. "μ's needs all nine of us, and Kotori-chan was one of the first to join!"

"It's not the case of if she'll come back with them," Maki said to Nico. "Of course Kotori would come back with them. It's a case of whether they can find exactly where she is. When Nozomi and Eli booked the return flights, they only gave themselves three days to find Kotori and come home. Nozomi said that her cards told her that Kotori would be found, but..."

"I trust Nozomi-chan," Rin said. "And Umi-chan is the kind of person who won't dawdle around. They'll definitely find Kotori-chan in time. What do you think, Kayo-chin?"

Hanayo, who had a mouth full of rice, just nodded.

"There's no need to panic," Yukiho told them confidently.

Alisa nodded in agreements. "μ's is amazing, it's like you all have a special connection. Onee-chan and everyone else will find Kotori-senpai."

Just then Nico's phone buzzed. She picked it up and examined the notification.

"It's from the group chat," she said. "It's Eli-chan."

Rin, Hanayo and Maki grabbed their phones too so they could all read the message together.

Hanayo gasped. "They found her!"

Rin fist bumped the air. "I knew they could do it, nya!"

Maki smiled. "There we are, all the members of μ's will be reunited."

"This calls for a celebration!" Nico exclaimed. She picked up her empty bowl. "Who wants seconds?"

Rin jumped up. "I do! What about you, Kayo-chin? Do you want more rice?"

Hanayo looked at empty bowl. "I probably shouldn't..."

"One more portion can't hurt, surely," Alisa said.

"The rice will need eating up," Yukiho said to Hanayo. "Nico cooked too much."

"Don't blame me," Nico pointed a warning finger at Yukiho. "My cooking is amazing, and my talent must be shared with the world!"

Hanayo eyed her bowl. "Maybe... Maybe just a little more..."

Rin grabbed Hanayo's bowl. "One bowl of rice coming right up, nya!"