Chapter 49: Today Is Love Live!!

"Today is the day!!!" Honoka shouted excitedly, running across the room and jumping onto the bed where Umi was sat.

"HONOKA!!" Umi yelled impatiently. "Stop it! I can't brush my hair properly with you jumping about!"

"Sorry!" Honoka grinned and stretched her arms in front of her. "But I'm to excited! Today is the day! Today is Love Live!!"

Kotori grinned at her friends through the mirror, as she finished pinning up her hair. "Today is going to be so much fun! I can't wait!"

"Me neither, Kotori-chan!" Honoka grinned, rolling off the bed and joining Kotori by the dressing table. "I wonder how many people will be watching us on stage..."

Umi went back to brushing her hair, a thoughtful look on her face. "There will probably be a lot... But we shouldn't get out hopes up, if Love Live has been losing popularity then - "

"One hundred thousand!!" Kotori predicted happily.

"Wait..." Umi began.

"One hundred million!" Honoka corrected, cupping Kotori's face with her hands.

"Guys, hang on..." Umi tried again.

"Ten billion!!!" Kotori stood up and clasped hands with Honoka.

"There aren't even that many people in the world..." Umi whispered in dismay.

"I can't believe it!" Honoka almost screamed. "We finally get to perform together as a group again! All of our hard work has been leading to today's performances!!"

"And we're going to make today's performances our best ever!!!" Kotori nodded enthusiastically.

"Of course we are!!!" Honoka exclaimed. "We've all worked hard up to this moment, everything will be perfect!" 

"Girls..." Umi said unsurely.

Honoka and Kotori glanced at Umi, both of them looking worried. "...Yes?"

Umi grinned. "You'd better be careful, or else I'll steal the spot light from both of you!"

Honoka gasped. "Umi-chan, is that a threat?"

"So you'd both better perform to the best of your ability," Umi said, pointing her hairbrush warningly at her friends. "Don't you dare put one foot wrong!"

Kotori grinned. "No problem! We've been practicing for months... We're step perfect!"

Honoka picked up her bag with her three costumes inside (which she hadn't yet seen, but Kotori and Nico had placed everyone's costumes in their own separate bags the day before).

"Let's go downstairs," Honoka suggested. "Eli-chan said we had to be out of the house at ten o'clock sharp!"

*****

"Love Live! Love Live! Love Live!" Rin and Hanayo chanted together, sat across from each other on the sofas, tapping their knees with their fists after every syllable.

"You two are excited, aren't you?" Maki, who was sat next to Hanayo, asked as she looked up from the book she was reading.

"I don't think I've ever been more excited for anything in my whole life, nya!" Rin exclaimed.

Hanayo nodded eagerly. "We all get to go to Love Live and perform together again! It's going to be so much fun!"

Maki grinned. "Yeah...I guess it will be..."

Rin fell backwards. "Oh, wow! Maki-chan smiled! It's a rare opportunity to see Maki-chan smile!" Rin looked around. "Wait... Where's my phone... I need to take a picture..."