Chapter 56: A Secret Revealed

Eli made a suggestion: the first person to mention anything about μ's breaking up had to buy everyone dinner before they went their sperate ways. Everyone agreed to this, and they headed back home to Maki's holiday home.

During the journey back to the mansion, everyone was buzzing with excitement and didn't want to go to sleep, but then they got back to the mansion and exhaustion took over them, so they all fell asleep almost immediately.

Honoka had woken up early the next morning and began to get changed for practice, before remembering that they didn't HAVE anything to practice for that day. She considered going out for a jog, but decided against that too.

She finally headed outside, to find Rin was sat outside with Nozomi. Nozomi patted the step next to her, and Honoka sat down.

"Good morning," Honoka said.

"Hi, nya!" Rin waved.

"I'm actually quite surprised to see you up this early, Honoka," Nozomi grinned.

Honoka laughed. "I guess I've just gotten into the habit of waking up this early. How come you two are both awake?"

"I thought I'd watch the sunrise," Nozomi said. "Sun is a good natural source of spiritual power."

"I went for a run," Rin added. "It was fun, nya!"

Honoka tapped her fingers together. "When do you think everyone else will wake up? What are we going to do today?"

"I wouldn't know," Nozomi replied. "I think everyone is exhausted after the live. I think today we'll just relax."

Nozomi was correct. One by one, everyone began waking up; Nico, then Umi, then Hanayo and Kotori together, then Eli, and finally Maki. They spent the day lounging around the mansion. Maki gave Hanayo a piano lesson before Hanayo taught Nico how to make rice with her portable rice maker; Eli and Nozomi practiced their waltz in the garden (which Nozomi was growing to love); Rin and Umi watched the sports channel on the TV, and Kotori and Honoka looked online for their performances the previous night.

They found clips of their three performances, and Honoka gathered everyone around the computer and they watched them, eating the rice Hanayo and Nico had cooked.

Their performances were beautifully performed, and filmed at all the best angles. Everyone was so pleased with what they had done. They couldn't stop smiling, so pleased with the progress they had all made.

"Aqours..." Honoka whispered. "Has the performance of Aqours been uploaded?"

"Um...yes! It's here!" Kotori tapped the screen.

Honoka grinned. "Let's watch it later on, I'm excited to see them perform!"

Maki went into the kitchen, and came back grinning.

"Look what I found!" She announced, and she held up a bottle of red wine.

Nozomi's eyes widened. "Let's try it!"

"Alcohol?" Hanayo asked. "Are we allowed?"

"The legal drinking age is twenty," Maki reminded them all. "We're all old enough."

"Wait...won't your parents be annoyed?" Honoka asked.

Maki shrugged her head. "I don't know, and I honestly don't care. Who wants to try some?"

"I've never had alcohol before," Honoka said, her eyes shining "I'll have some!"

"Honoka!" Umi cried, appalled.

"We should get Nicochi insanely drunk," Nozomi said slyly.

Nico looked worried. "What?!"