Chapter 48: One Amazing Day

"You two are dancing again?" Maki asked Nozomi and Eli the following day outside.

Nozomi nodded. "I'm not stopping until I get this dance right."

Eli grinned. "I don't think I've ever seen you more determined about anything! Are you ready? I'll take the male part and guide you."

Nozomi nodded. "Yep, I'm ready!"

The girls faced each other. Eli placed one of her hands on Nozomi's waist, and Nozomi placed her opposite hand on Eli's shoulder. Eli and Nozomi clasped their free hands together.

"Start with the right foot," Eli said.

"Wait...your right or my right?" Nozomi asked.

"Yours." Eli straightened her back. "Ready?"

Nozomi met Eli's eyes and smirked. "Of course."

Eli nodded once. "Three, two one..."

The two girls began a slow and delicate beginners waltz, Eli leading Nozomi around the garden.

"I thought you were practicing ballet yesterday?" Umi asked.

Eli glanced at Umi quickly, before facing Nozomi again. "The waltz is one of my favourites... Nozomi, you need to keep your eyes in line with mine."

Nozomi, who had just been looking at her feet, slowly brought her eyes back to Eli's. "Sorry, I'm just trying not to trip."

"You won't trip," Eli said confidently. "That's why I'm leading you. And if you do trip, I'll catch you before you fall."

Rin tilted her head. "That dance looks easy. I bet I could do that, nya!!"

Nozomi stopped dancing and turned to face Rin. "Actually, I think it's a lot more difficult than it looks!"

Rin, who was sat in between Kotori and Maki, jumped up and turned to face Hanayo, who was stood on the top step.

"Kayo-chin, come do the waltz with me?" Rin said.

Hanayo's eyes widened. "What?!"

"Come on!" Rin grinned at Hanayo, holding out her hands. "We're going to have a Waltz Dance Off!!"

Hanayo smiled and jumped down all four steps. She took Rin's hand. "Okay!"

Rin lead Hanayo to the grass.

"La la la!" Rin sang as she twirled Hanayo around. "La la la!!" Rin then picked Hanayo up bridal style and spun her around. "La la la!!!!" Rin gently lowered Hanayo to the ground, Hanayo's hands gripping Rin's shoulders tightly.

"Rin-chan, that isn't the waltz," Eli said, placing her hands on her hips. "Actually, I don't think that's even a real dance..."

Rin pulled Hanayo upright.

"But that was fun!" Hanayo grinned happily.

Kotori clapped her hands. "Beautiful technique!"

Maki gave a small smile. "Rin and Hanayo have my vote."

Nozomi pointed at Rin and looked at Eli. "Next time, I'm dancing with Rin."

"I beat Eli-chan!" Rin cheered. "Nya!!"

Eli laughed. "Yes, I suppose you did, Rin-chan!"

The door opened, and Umi, Honoka and Nico walked out.

"You guys are ready to practice?" Umi asked.

Kotori held two thumbs up and beamed. "Yep!"

Honoka slumped down the stairs and sat next to Kotori. Honoka looked at her hands. "Guys, we shouldn't be practicing today."