Chapter 37: Sunburn

"OUCH!!" Honoka wailed. "That hurt, Nico-chan!"

"Sorry!" Nico withdrew her hand. "It's just... I can't believe you got so much sunburn!"

Honoka was laid, shirtless, on her stomach on the floor in the bedroom she was sharing with Kotori and Umi. Nico was knelt down besides her and Rin was sat at the edge of the bed, watching them both.

Honoka had woken up that morning with a sore and aching back, and she had asked Nico and Rin to take a look, and Nico discovered that Honoka had sunburn all down her back, along her arms, and on her legs.

"It's all red and flaky here..." Nico continued, pointing on Honoka's lower back and using her finger to draw an imaginary circle on Honoka's skin.

"Ouch!!" Honoka yelled again.

Nico jumped back and withdrew her hand. "I barely touched you!"

"It looks painful," Rin said thoughtfully.

"That doesn't exactly help the situation, Rin-chan," Nico told her.

"Nico-chan!! Its hurts!!" Honoka wailed.

"I know it does, I've had sunburn before," Nico responded. "But the best thing to do is to just wait until the pain and soreness stops."

"How long will that take?" Honoka asked.

"No idea," Nico responded, shaking her head.

Honoka groaned and dropped her head on the floor. She sighed. "I'm a mess."

Nico stood up and smoothed out her skirt. "You know, Honoka-chan, you should have just put on sunscreen like Umi-chan said."

"I know," Honoka mumbled glumly. "But I wanted to tan."

"Has your skin ever tanned before?" Nico asked.

"Well, no..." Honoka replied slowly.

Nico rolled her eyes.

"I want to practice singing and dancing today too," Honoka said sadly. "But every time I move my body I'm in pain. Rin-chan, did you put sunscreen on yesterday at the beach?"

"Hmm... Kayo-chin told me too..." Rin said as after a moment of thought. "But I don't think I did, I went to go buy the ice creams and then we ran into those fans, and I forgot about the sunscreen."

"Then why didn't you burn?!" Honoka cried.

Rin shrugged. "I don't know... I don't tan, but I also don't burn. My skin just stays the same, nya."

"I'm going to go find something the ease the pain," Honoka told them. She winced as she began to stand up, but then she realised she didn't have her T-shirt on. She dropped to the floor hurriedly and looked up, to find Nico and Rin watching her.

"Don't look at me!" Honoka yelled. "My body is an embarrassment to idols!"

"Advert your gaze, young one!" Nico cried to Rin. "Look at me, Yazawa Nico, the universe's best idol! Loved by all, and admired even by the Gods themselves, brought to the world - "

"Done!" Honoka told them, as she finished pulling on her shirt, now sat up.

"Don't interrupt my speech!" Nico yelled at Honoka.

"You have a good body though, Honoka-chan," Rin said. "You've matured and grown so much - I'm jealous, nya!!"

Honoka covered her face with her hands and waved Rin's compliments away, pretending to be embarrassed. "Stop it, you're embarrassing me - ouch!" Honoka winced. "This sunburn hurts!"