Chapter 20: Discussions

The next morning, with Maki's help, Umi set up an athletic course outside in the field at the back of the mansion. Umi suggested that everyone should spend at least one hour on the course, just to help improve their stamina and keep them healthy.

There were lots of different sports equipment; there was a football and a football net, a running track all around the edge of the field, tennis bats and balls, hurdles, skipping rope, a few mats placed around, and more!

"Here it is," Umi said proudly, waving her hand towards the athletics equipment. "Try to have a go at everything that's been set out - but do go at your own pace. Don't feel like you have to go quickly."

"Are you feeling better, Hanayo-chan?" Maki asked.

Hanayo nodded and rubbed one of her eyes. "Yes, thanks."

"Really? You didn't eat much of the breakfast I gave you," Nico muttered.

"I'm just not hungry," Hanayo responded.

"Well, we can go slowly whilst exercising," Rin smiled at Hanayo. "Come on, let's try skipping first."

Honoka and Kotori were jogging on the spot as they passed a tennis ball between them, Umi was running around the field and had Eli time her, Nozomi challenged Nico to a hurdles race, and Maki was kicking the football around.

Everyone was exercising at their own pace, and the morning was quite enjoyable. Everyone tried each different activity, and everyone enjoyed themselves. Honoka could tell that Umi was quite pleased, and this gentle approach to exercise was working.

However, as it was becoming winter, it did get cold outside just before lunchtime, so everyone headed back inside for a break and to have their well deserved sandwiches, made by Nico and Kotori. Honoka was very pleased that she was being allowed to eat bread again. Hanayo, however, ate two bites and pushed hers away.

"Are you still not feeling well?" Umi asked. "Did you overwork yourself this morning when exercising?"

Hanayo shook her head. "No... I'm just not that hungry."

"Hanayo, we've been outside exercising non stop for over an hour," Maki said. "You need some substance inside you."

Hanayo picked up her glass of  water and sipped it slowly. She didn't respond.

"Wait, are you not eating because I told you that you should lose some weight?" Umi asked.

Hanayo looked down, hesitated, and nodded slowly.

"Kayo-chin, I know that you do want to lose weight, but skipping meals isn't going to help you with that," Rin said, putting a hand on her best friend's shoulders.

"Rin's right," Eli nodded. "You'll become very ill if you don't eat. Trust me, I know."

"Hanayo-chan, your weight is perfect," Kotori pitched in.

"And outside you did so well!" Honoka grinned. "You beat me when we ran around the field!"

"Because you let me..." Hanayo whispered.

"Hanayo-chan, you're a very talented school idol. μ's wouldn't be the same without you," Nico added. "You just need to eat the food that Nico Nico Nii makes for you, and turn burn off the calories later!"

Hanayo smiled timidly. "I'm... My weight is fine?"

"I was only suggesting you lose the weight," Umi said. "You don't have to lose it if you're comfortable with your body and your appearance as you are."

Hanayo smiled unsurely. "Yes...Thank you, everyone."

Rin pushed Hanayo's sandwich to her, and Hanayo began to eat, looking and acting like herself again.

*****

"I just received a text from Oneechan," Yukiho said to Alisa. "It says that they all arrived safe and well, but Hanayo did feel unwell during the first day, and Umi is pushing them hard, but they're all having a good time."

Alisa grinned and sipped her hot chocolate. "That's good!"

Yukiho smiled back and slipped her phone back in her pocket. "Yes it is, I'll phone her up later on tonight to check up on them." Yukiho grabbed her mug with both hands and took a mouthful of her coffee.

Alisa nodded. "That sounds good."

Yukiho tapped her mug with her fingers. "I'm so glad μ's are back together, even if it is only for a couple of months."

"Until next June," Alisa said. "Oneechan is talking about going back to Russia to continue dancing, but she doesn't sound too pleased about that."

"Really? I thought Eli-senpai loved ballet," Yukiho said, quite surprised.

"She does," Alisa said. "Well...she did. She began ballet dancing at a young age like our grandmother, and after our grandmother passed away four years ago, Oneechan's been determined to dance for our grandmother, to make her proud. Oneechan pushed herself hard, but she never got a main part in any performance she auditioned for, and she didn't get passed the preliminaries in any competition she entered."

"And she's been dancing for the last seven years?" Yukiho asked. "After she graduated?"

Alisa nodded. "Yep. And I moved back to Russia after us two graduated."

"Hmm," Yukiho pondered, unsure of what to say.

"I think Oneechan missed μ's," Alisa continued. "Especially Nozomi-senpai - and Honoka-senpai, of course. Oneechan gave Nozomi-senpai her phone number before they graduated, and when Nozomi-senpai was finally able to get her own phone, Oneechan was overjoyed. She was crushed when Nozomi-senpai phoned her up on the landline and told her that her mobile phone had broken, about two years after she got it... Nozomi-senpai was even planning on coming to our grandmother's funeral, but her flight was cancelled, and Oneechan told her not to come. I spoke to Nozomi-senpai a few times over the landline, and she always asked if Oneechan was okay. Of course I said yes, so Nozomi-senpai wouldn't worry."

Yukiho nodded. "I see. Honoka - Oneechan - really changed after μ's broke up and the third years graduated. Of course, she greeted everyday with a confident smile and lived each day the best she could, but I knew deep down she was heartbroken. And then Kotori-senpai and Umi-senpai both moved abroad, and Oneechan never contacted them. She said she always wanted to, but she knew that they both were living new lives, and she didn't want to get in the way."

"It's sad, isn't it?" Alisa said, "that μ's had to break up."

Yukiho nodded, finishing her drink. "It is. But I think it's done them good to all finally meet up again. And I'm glad you were able to come back with Eli-senpai, as well."

Alisa beamed. "I'm glad I was able to come back as well! I did miss you, Yukiho-chan!"

Yukiho blushed. "I missed you as well! Would you like another cup of hot chocolate?"

Alisa looked down at her almost empty cup and smiled. "Yes please."