Chapter 43: Kimonos

"I have rolls!!" Honoka exclaimed happily as she barged into the sitting room, with Kotori following her.

Maki looked up. "Honoka, I don't think that's something to be proud of."

Honoka tilted her head in confusion. "Huh?"

"Being overweight..."

"What? No! I'm talking about bread!" Honoka held up the bag in her hand and pulled out a roll of bread, which she presented to Maki and Hanayo as if it was a crown jewel. "I bought nine, so we can all have one!"

"That was thoughtful of you," Hanayo whispered with a nod.

"Where's everyone else?" Kotori asked, sitting next to Maki.

"The third years are - I mean, Nico and Nozomi are in the kitchen, and Eli is upstairs practicing her singing with Umi."

"And Rin?" Honoka asked as she sat next to Hanayo and placed the bag of bread on the table in front of her.

"Rin went upstairs to get her phone, like, ten minutes ago," Hanayo said, gazing at the door which lead to the stairs. "And she hasn't come down yet."

"I see," Honoka nodded, bringing her mobile phone out of her pocket. "Maybe she got lost - since there are so many rooms in this house!"

Honoka began texting Yukiho, Kotori was comparing two small squares of fabric, Hanayo was drawing pictures, and Maki had her earphones in as she watched a piano video on her phone. Everyone was in silence, until Honoka raised her head, eyes shining and grinning.

"I just thought of something funny," Honoka announced.

Maki rolled her eyes. "Oh, great, what is it?"

"Tell us, Honoka-chan!" Kotori smiled encouragingly.

"Hang on..." Honoka said as she closed her eyes and tapped her phone thoughtfully.

"Now what?" Maki asked.

"I'm trying to think how to word it," Honoka told them. 

Maki pulled her earphones out of her ears and sighed. "Hurry up, Honoka."

Honoka opened both eyes. "Okay, okay - we're called μ's, right?"

"Yes," Hanayo nodded slowly.

"And when we sing and dance, we sing and dance to μ's-ic!!" Honoka grinned.

Maki rolled her eyes. "Have you really only just realised that?"

Kotori giggled and shook her head. "You're so silly, Honoka-chan!"

Suddenly there were loud thuds coming down the stairs, and the door slammed open, and Rin was staring at everyone. Her eyes were wide open and she was panting slightly, but she had a huge grin on her face.

"There's a room full of kimonos upstairs!" Rin exclaimed to everyone. "Maki-chan, can I try some on?"

"They're just my old ones," Maki told her. "They may not fit, but you can try..."

"Thank you, nya!!" Rin responded, running off again.

Everyone was silent for a few moments, before Hanayo gasped and closed up her drawing book with a loud snap.

"What's wrong?" Kotori asked her.

Hanayo had a worried look on her face. "Rin-chan doesn't know how to tie the belt properly!"

"Really?" Maki asked.

Hanayo jumped up. "When we were little, she often got herself tangled up in the belt. I don't even know how, I literally looked away for a second..."