Chapter 21: Sunday Drama

Yukiho phoned Honoka up that night, and the two sisters ended up talking on the phone for almost two hours. They spoke about μ's, dances, clothing, and a few other things. Alisa even got to say hello!

Honoka didn't realise how much she actually missed Yukiho until they had that phone call - Honoka decided that she should keep in touch with her sister more often.

For μ's, the next week consisted mainly of exercise. Umi wanted to push everyone to the best of their abilities. She had them do all sorts of exercises to tone up and lose weight and become healthy, and she made sure every meal had fruits or vegetables served with them, and managed everyone's portion sizes.

Eli and Nozomi slowly realised that Umi was being a little bit too pushy, but they didn't want to confront her in case Umi got worried. Instead, Eli and Nozomi tried to put positive spins on the exercises, like making the morning runs into competitions, and splitting the groups into two teams for a game of football with one of them being the referee. Umi seemed pleased that everyone was enjoying the exercises, not realising Eli's and Nozomi's true purpose behind the changes.

Of course, every Sunday was a day off, as Umi promised. Everyone liked to lounge around the mansion on Sundays. They occasionally went out on food trips, but Honoka, Hanayo and Kotori weren't allowed to go to the food shops unattended - Honoka filled the shopping trolley with too much bread, Hanayo bought far too much rice, and Kotori came back with three different cheesecakes.

During their free time they all liked to sit together and watch TV. Occasionally Hanayo liked to cook rice in her portable rice cooker she brought, Nico sang and danced for fun, Maki played the piano, Kotori designed costumes for Love Live, Eli and Nozomi created new games for everyone to join in, Kotori and Hanayo drew pictures together, and lots more! And if it wasn't raining they all liked to go out for a walk or out into the town.

One day everyone was sat together eating biscuits (much to Umi's dismay) when Eli received a phone call. She looked at her phone and grinned.

"Honoka, come and take this call with me?" Eli asked.

Honoka nodded and finished her mouthful of biscuit. "Of course."

Eli and Honoka left the room, Honoka grabbing another biscuit as she left. Everyone left behind were extremely confused.

"Who do you think that is on the phone?" Umi asked.

"I'm not sure," Nozomi whispered.

Eli and Honoka reappeared a few minutes later with big smiles on their faces.

"Guys," Eli said. "There's something Honoka and I have to tell you."

"Is everything okay?" Kotori asked worriedly.

Honoka grinned, grabbing another biscuit. "Everything is fantastic!"

"As we're performing in June, that's so far away," Eli began. "And I thought we'd need a trial run, with an audience. And then we can ask the audience if there's anything that we can improve on before June."

"Like a practice?" Rin asked.

Honoka nodded at Rin. "So Eli and I arranged a practice live show for us all!"

"What a good idea!" Hanayo nodded approvingly. "Every school idol group should have a performance with a practice audience in order to insure the best outcome for their real performance!"

"Wait..." Nico said, pointing to Eli. "On the day you ran into Rin-chan and Nozomi-chan and I met Maki-chan, you two went off somewhere. Did you go arrange this?"

Eli grinned. "Yep! Sorry, I did want to tell you all sooner, but I didn't want to get your hopes up and then disappoint you if we couldn't perform." Eli held up her phone. "We were finalising the details just now."