Chapter 16: No More Bread For Honoka-chan

The next morning, bright an early, Umi set up Honoka's bedroom as her own personal temporary work place. Umi had taken the weighing scales from the bathroom and had acquired a tape measure. After she had weighed and measured herself, Umi had everyone else lined up outside, and invited them in one by one, where the body examination took place.

Whilst waiting, Honoka was hurriedly doing star jumps to burn off her breakfast calories, Nico was breathing in and then holding her breath to try make herself look thinner, Kotori kept examining her legs, and Hanayo was trembling quietly.

Nozomi entered in first, Nico went second, Eli followed on, Honoka went next, Kotori entered fifth, Maki sixth, Rin was after that, and Hanayo went last. Umi measured their height, weight and had them jog on the spot for two minutes to test their speed and stamina.

When they finished, everyone sat outside together.

"Umi-chan's taking forever with those results," Honoka sighed, agitated. "I bet she's doing it on purpose, to build up the tension."

Nico scoffed. "There's no need to worry..." Nico's hand trembled as she grabbed her cup. "No...need...at...all..."

"We're all fine," Eli told them. "Don't panic."

"Yeah, I'm sure Umi is just going over few things," Nozomi nodded.

It was about twenty minutes later when Umi appeared. She was carrying a notebook with her information. Everyone glanced at her. She cleared her throat.

"I want to begin by saying that everyone's weight will be kept only between them and myself," Umi began. "Now, I will tell you all how much weight to lose, if - "

"This is it," Honoka sighed, dramatically holding her hand to her forehead. "I'm done for. No more bread for Honoka-chan..." Honoka fell backwards into Kotori's arms. "Kotori-chan, hold me."

Kotori looked worried. "Honoka-chan!"

Umi continued. "Most of you seem to be at a healthy weight. There are just a few people who need to lose a couple of pounds. Honoka-chan," Umi turned to her. "You need to lose twenty five pounds."

Honoka's eyes widened with horror. "Twenty five?! You're kidding, right? That's not 'a couple'!"

"In order for you to be at a reasonable weight, you need to lose twenty five pounds, and I want it gone by the end of January," Umi said.

Honoka collapsed backwards. "Kotori-chan... Run, save yourself..."

"Honoka-chan!" Kotori screamed. "Don't die!!"

"She's not going to die," Maki mumbled.

Honoka placed her hand on her forehead. "I'm done for..."

"Hanayo-chan," Umi consulted her notebook and turned to the youngest member. "You need to lose twenty pounds by the end of January."

Hanayo gulped. "T...Twenty..."

"Don't panic!" Rin took Hanayo's hands in her own. "Kayo-chin must do as Umi-senpai says in order to do well at Love Live! Rin-chan can help, nya!"

"So I have set you both similar diets and exercises for the next few weeks." Umi ripped out two sheets from her notebook and handed them to Honoka and Hanayo as she spoke. "Honoka-chan, you need to eat less bread, and Hanayo-chan, you need to eat less rice."

"No bread?!" Honoka screamed.

"No rice?!" Hanayo squeaked.

Honoka and Hanayo grabbed each other and hugged, crying in each other's arms.