Part 14

6 months passed...

One day, on your way back home from school,

You heard your neighbors chatting, "Mrs. Jeon came back from the States.." as you heard these words you thought Jungkook finally came back. And you went to his house, you saw his mom.

You bowed as a greeting, "Auntie!! You're back!!"
"Hi, dear~ yes, I'm just back to sign a few contracts, wait a second, I'm almost done."
Jungkook's mom replied.

Your eyes opened wide and looked around, you saw no signs of Jungkook and the emptiness of the house made you feel sad too.

"All done. Please take care of this house, although it's yours already but we've got a lot of memories in here." As she handed over an envelope of papers to another person.

She pulling her luggage and came towards you, "Now, dear, my flight leaves this evening, I've still got time, why don't we go have some coffee?" As she patted her hands on your shoulder.
==

In the coffee shop,

"It's been a long time, how are you?" Jungkook's mom asked.

"Same old, same old. How about Jungkook? How is he doing?" You asked with all ears.

She had a troubled face and didn't respond.

"Why, did something happened?" It made you got worried.

She sighed, "Well, he seemed to be in a rebellious stage. He kept to getting himself into troubles at school. He got kicked out twice already within this half year."

His mom furrowed her brows, "He doesn't even know how much effort I put into just to get him in those academies." She complained.

Well, you didn't expect that, he always sounded fine in your video and voice calls. You got really worried and agitated. *What?! How? Why?*

"I'm sure he doesn't mean it, maybe he's just needs more time to fit in." You explained.

She darted her eyes on you, "Well, I don't blame my son, it's you why he's been doing all this."

You were shocked, and you looked at her with big eyes.

She scoffed, "well dear, you see, long distance relationship never really work,"

"I'm telling this for your own good, for the both of you. Please break up with my son. This relationship your having is just puppy love. You'll eventually forget about it." His mom stated.

You didn't know how to react, you couldn't believe what you have just heard.

"But.. I.. I really love him." your tears started forming in your eyes and you touched your necklace with insecurities.

"You two are still young, you still don't know what's best for your own future, and this kind of relationship just gets in the way, I don't want him to regret in the future." His mom explained.

"Did you really think, I, being his mom won't notice?, he kept acting like a child to get your attention. I've always know what my son is capable of. He kept on making troubles and getting kicked out so that he can come back to Seoul, " She kept on complaining.

"I've better plans, better future for my son. You're a very important person to him but I don't want to him making the wrong decisions."

"Dear, don't take this the bad way, it's not your fault but it's just there are some things that you are too young to understand now. If you really love him, you should let go, for the best of him." His mom insisted.

Your tears poured down. To think that you've been so lonely with Jungkook gone, and someone close to him finally came back and this is what you get.

"Please don't cry, dear."
"I have to go, I still have a flight to catch."

She walked away pulling her luggage, leaving you with eyes swelling, crying on your seat. You want to stop your cries but it was just too painful. Someone passingby your table even offered tissue seeing you crying so miserable.

==
😢 end chapter 😢