Chapter 5

It was raining cats and dogs outside and I was glad to be in the safety of the school building. I reached Lucy at our table, who was slightly wet, like me, from having to run in the rain from the car park to the school. We both laughed as we noticed our wet-state.

"We should really start bringing umbrellas." I noted with a laugh.

"Oh, I do bring an umbrella, I'm just to lazy to get it out." Lucy stated matter-of-factly. I shook my head with a smile.

"We better get to class before the tardy bell rings." I said with a quick glance at my watch.

Lucy and I hurried to class, I couldn't stop thinking about mine and Blaze's mission that we would have to complete tomorrow night. I was so obsessed in my thoughts that I didn't notice someone bump into me. I stumbled and fell onto the floor.

"Whoopsie daisy." Kenzie snickered as she walked right past me.

"Kenzie! Don't you dare do that to my friend again!" Lucy screeched, pumping her fist into the air but Kenzie was already gone.

"Here, let me help you." I froze, that voice belonged to Blake. My cheeks turned bright red as I realised he had seen me fall. Blake reached out his hand for me to grab. I shyly reached for his hand and Blake gently pulled me up.

"Thanks for helping me." I babbled, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"No problem, Kenzie shouldn't have done that to you." Blake muttered with a sigh. "I'm having a pool party tonight, since it's a new school year and I was wondering if you and Lucy would like to come?" Blake smiled shyly as we continued walking to class. I turned to Lucy, waiting her response, barely able to contain my excitement and begging with my eyes.

"Of course we would love to come." Lucy said with a grin and I nodded in agreement.

"Awesome! It's going to start at seven at my place." Blake's eyes lit up. "Oh and Lucy, Lucas will be there too." Blake added with a wink as we walked into class and sat down right as the tardy bell rang. Lucy turned as red as a tomato and I couldn't help but chuckle as I saw her glance at Lucas.

***

"Eloisa! Lucy's here!" My mother yelled. I practically ran downstairs and dragged Lucy into my room.

"I don't know what to wear!" I cried in dismay. "He said it was going to be a pool party so what swim suit should I wear? What about a cover up? Do I wear my clothes on top of my swim suit? I've already put on water-proof mascara, is that good? What about-" I started rambling before Lucy interrupted.

"Okay, first off, calm down!" Lucy chuckled with a shake of her head.

"Ugh I wish I was as good as you at knowing what to wear!" I said. Lucy was wearing a navy blue one piece with two straps that went over her shoulders and made a 'X' on her back. She was wearing a white cover up that came down a bit above her knees and seemed to flow behind her.

"Look, this swim suit looks cute!" Lucy pulled out a one piece swimsuit that was a maroon red colour with small yellow diamond patterns that were outlined in blue. The swimsuit had two straps that went over my shoulders but also another pair of sleeves that loosely went off my shoulders.

"I haven't worn that in forever."

"It's perfect!" Lucy exclaimed, her eyes lighting up.

Lucy and I walked downstairs, ready to go to the party, my heart felt like it was about to jump out of my chest.

"Where are you going?" Evie questioned skeptically, eyeing my outfit.

"To a party at Blake's house." I replied.

"Your going to a party with a boy?" Jasper chirped in. "Eloisa and Blake sitting in a tree-" he started signing, waving his hands to the motions.

"Stop!" I screeched, my face turning red. Lucy and Evie were cracking up, practically rolling over with laughter.

"K-I-S-" Jasper started signing again.

"Jasper, leave your sister alone." My mother said but I could see a hint of a smile on her mouth. I shoot Jasper a death glare and hoped into the car with Lucy, nervous and excited for the party.