Chapter 20

"Blake." The translucent holographic blue boxes started to appear all over him, then just as quickly as they came, they started to disappear, revealing Blake. I couldn't believe my eyes, it suddenly all made sense. When he had to leave his own party right after I did, when he was able to show up so quickly while my house was being raided, how had I not noticed before?

I was so gad it was him, the only other boy I had liked. I got up and fell into his arms, putting my arms around his neck for a hug. Blake stiffened for a second then hugged me back. After a second, I pulled away slightly, but still kept my arms around his neck.

"You know, I never got to tell you," I started shyly, looking at him through my eyelashes, "I think I like you, like you too." Blake's eyes lit up, then he smiled. He gently pulled me closer and leaned down, his lips brushing mine softly. This kiss wasn't as urgent as our first one. It was slow and gentle, which sent sparks flying in my stomach.

At some point, we laid back against the tree trunk, our fingers intertwined and my head resting on Blaze's shoulder.

"I can't believe I didn't realize it was you before." I chirped happily. Blaze smiled.

"I had my suspicions but I didn't know for sure." Blake said.

"Oh, I'm sure you did." I said sarcastically, with a roll of my eyes. Blake chuckled. "Of all the people you could've been, I'm glad it was you." I said with a yawn.

"Mmm and why's that?" Blake questioned cheekily, Even though I couldn't see him, I could already imagine the smirk he was sure to have.

"Well I..." I stammered, blushing, "may have had a crush on you in school." I said quickly.

"What's that you said? Care to repeat it again?" Blaze teased. I playfully shoved him.

"You heard me." I laughed.

"Well it's a good thing I had a crush on you too. And then Rose came along and I didn't know who I liked more."

"Same thing here." I smiled, scooting closer to Blake with another yawn.

"Come on, we should go to the tents before you fall asleep." Blake chuckled. He stood up and brushed the dirt off his pants, then transformed back into Blaze.

"I need to charge this in the morning." I heard him mutter. He then reached out his hand and helped me up. And together we sleepily walked to where everyone had set up tents while we were gone. The helicopter had been equipped with emergency supplies, including tents.

One of the spies, Pearl, saw me and waved me over. I grudgingly let go of Blaze's hand and gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "See you tomorrow." I said.

"Sweet dreams," Blaze smiled with a wink, then went to find out where he was sleeping. I walked over to Pearl.

"Hey Rose! Your sleeping in my tent!" She said happily. I followed her over to where our tent was and found two other girls already asleep in the tent.

"I already got your sleeping bag out." Pearl whispered with a smile.

"Thank you so much, for everything." I replied, returning the smile. I curled up into the warm sleeping bag and in no time at all, I was fast asleep.