Chapter 7

I pulled up into the Spy Cooperation and started heading towards the front door when another car pulled up. Curious, I turned around to see who it was. Blaze jumped out of a black BMW, and waved when he saw who I was. I gave a slight wave back while he jogged to catch up with me.

"We must've been near each other when Cherry texted cause you only arrived a couple seconds after I did." I commented.

"We could know each other in real life! How cool would that be?" Blaze exclaimed.

"Come on, we need to get to cherry's office before she kills us." I muttered, still distracted by the dance.

"I don't want to be killed before I even start my first mission!" Blaze joked. I couldn't help but smile and roll my eyes as we walked to Cherry's office. Vibrant red hair caught my eye as we walked.

"Mum?" I questioned. The lady turned around to face me. It was my mother, in her disguise. She had red hair and bright green eyes. My mothers code name was Red since it was her favourite colour. My mother was the only one in my family who was in the Spy business, everyone knew we were mother and daughter but no one knew our real identity.

"El-uh, Rose! I thought your mission was tomorrow." My mother came over and bear hugged me. I hated the way the Disguise Box made her voice sound, it was too high and unnatural.

"Change of plans, do you have a mission?" I questioned.

"Nope, here for training." My mother replied. She just then seemed to notice Blaze. "Oh hi, I'm Red, Rose's mother, and who are you?"

"Blaze, Rose's partner, nice to meet you." Blaze smiled warmly.

"Nice to meet you too. I've got to go now but be safe and text me updates!" My mother called as she walked away.

"I didn't know your mum works here." Blaze said.

"Yep, her and I are the only ones in the family that are spies." I offered. "What about your family? Do any of them work here?" I inquired.

"My dad died when I was fifteen from cancer and my mum works as a lawyer all the time. I'm an only child." Blaze explained with a frown. Odd, I thought, it sounded kind of like Blake's family too. I pushed the thought away, I could never see Blake as a spy, it was a coincidence.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I said, unsure of how to comfort him.

"It's fine, that was two years ago." Blaze said.

"So your seventeen?" I guessed, changing the subject.

"Yep, how old are you?" Blaze asked as we walked into Cherry's office.

"I'm seventeen as well." I replied and then turned my full attention to Cherry.

"A car is waiting outside for you, I will send the location to the GPS, the technology is inside a black box with red flower designs all over it, return it to me as soon as possible. There will be some people who will be guarding the box, all the details are in the text I sent out a couple days ago, remember, people will say anything to make you believe that technology is theirs, don't trust them." Cherry reminded us as she handed us each a gun and bottle of pepper spray.

"Rose, wait," Cherry put her hand on my shoulder. I turned around surprised, Cherry wasn't normally one for good-byes. "Good luck, I know you can do it." she said encouragingly.

"Thank you." I said with a smile.

"Rose! Come on!" I heard Blaze call.

"Coming!" I called back. I gave another small smile to Cherry then jogged to catch up with Blaze.

Blaze sat in the drivers seat of the car and I sat in the passenger seat of the silver car, I grabbed my bag and handed Blaze his bag that had extra clothes in it, water and food in case something went wrong. The car then started up and we headed off towards our mission.