Chapter 10

Blaze and I held our hands up in surrender.

"Put the box down!" A girl with bright red, straight hair and light brown eyes, who appeared to be the leader, commanded. She was pointing a gun at us so Blaze slowly put the box on the ground. The leader gestured for a boy to grab it. I sighed, this would be the first mission I've ever failed.

"Don't you know what this can do?" The leader questioned angrily. Blaze and I didn't say anything. The lady sighed, "you were sent here by Cherry weren't you? Look, you might find this hard to believe but she's the bad guy, not us, she's manipulated you guys."

That was outrageous, I couldn't imagine Cherry being bad, she was the one who was always there for me, always was super nice and sweet. She was a little strict but that was just a leaders role.

"Your the one pointing a gun at us." I pointed out. The leader looked at her gun and sighed.

"Okay, look, I'll make you a deal. You guys leave and don't tell anyone about this and we'll let you guys go unharmed." She proposed. I looked at Blaze with questioning eyes, he gave a slight nod and looked at his pockets.

"Alright, we accept your deal." I gave in. The leader dropped her gun and gestured for everyone else to do the same. I kept my eyes on the man who had the box and gave it to the leader. We started walking back to the elevator. Not everyone could fit in the elevator so we split up into two groups. Even though we had split up, Blaze and I were still squished up against the walls. Once we made it to the ground floor, we started to walk back the way we had come in.

"Well this didn't go as planned." Blaze muttered.

"You think?" I said, exasperated.

"Wait for my signal." Blaze whispered so softly I almost didn't hear.

"No talking, I don't want you guys to get any ideas." The leader said. We kept walking in silence until we were almost at where we had parked the car, still hidden.

"You can-" The leader started but was interrupted by Blaze throwing a smoke bomb onto the ground. Confused, I blindly searched for Blaze when I felt him grab my hand, dragging me out of the building, and then throwing another smoke bomb.

"Wait! The box!" I insisted.

"Already got it!" Blaze said with a smirk. We ran all the way to the car and hoped in. Blaze gave me the box and started the engine.

"Go! Go! Go!" I yelled, looking at the review mirror as they started to catch up to us. However, none of them had vehicles. Blaze stomped on the gas and off we went at full speed. We said nothing for a while, adrenaline still coursing through our blood, even though we could no longer see the leader and her spies. Suddenly, Blaze started laughing.

"What are you doing?" I asked, a smile starting to form. Blaze just kept laughing and soon enough, I was laughing too.

"Okay, okay, on a more serious note, what are we going to do with the box?" Blaze said, his laughter starting to die out.

"Give it to Cherry," I said matter-of-factly, "wasn't that the plan?"

"Yeah but what the leader said back there, I don't know, maybe we should wait and see what Cherry does?" Blaze said.

"Blaze, she's our leader, we should trust her." I insisted.

"I'm just not sure, what if the box does more then catch criminals?"

"Alright, how about this, we'll keep it hidden until Monday somewhere, that gives us the weekend, tell Cherry that we didn't get it and see what she does. If she seems fine," I paused to eyeball Blaze, who just shrugged, "then we'll give it back to her and say we went back to complete the mission, okay?" I ended. Blaze hesitated before accepting my proposition. I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my arm, I turned around to get a better look at it and saw blood coming out of my make-shift bandages from where I was shot.

"Crap." I muttered, using my good hand to try and stop the blood.

"What's wrong?" Blaze questioned, looking concerned.

"Nothing, it's nothing," I said, trying to sound indifferent. Still looking at the road, Blaze grabbed my good hand away from my arm. My hand had rose-red blood all over it. Blaze slammed on the brakes.

"What's this?" Blaze asked, almost yelling, pointing to my hand.

"It's a scratch, it's fine." I said, yanking my hand out of his grasp.

"Rose, you've been shot, you need medical attention!" Blaze exclaimed.

"No I don't, just take me to... Winterville park, my mum can meet us there and take me home."

"Why don't I just drop you at your house?" Blaze questioned, still seeming hesitant.

"We might know each other in real life. We can't risk finding out each others identities."

"Alight, fine." Blaze gave in. I quickly called my mother, throughly explaining the situation and telling her to meet us at the park.

"She's coming." I muttered, as I hung up, suddenly feeling really tired. I didn't remember what Blaze said next since everything started to get hazy.