Chapter 1

Clarke's Point of View

A large group of us all head to Polis together. It's a bit more difficult to move a larger group like this but it's the safest for all of us.

Aside from all the guards Lexa and I have personally selected, there's a variety of people. There are the leaders of the clans who will join Lexa's Coalition, Bellamy of Skaikru, Abby of ArkKru, and Maya of Maunkru. Along with them are people the leaders have decided should be their ambassadors in Polis. There's Raven, Anya, and Luna, as well as Octavia and Lincoln.

We've only just got onto the road with everyone. First, we started with just ArkKru and Skaikru on the way to the outdoor Maunkru camp to pick them up.

The camp is pretty small, but works well for the people who don't want to stay in the Mountain anymore. Most Maunkru have been staying inside the Mountain, and their numbers have grown by an impressive amount because of all of the Grounder guards that have decided to make their homes there and the numbers of Skaikru and ArkKru people joining them.

Lexa and I are on our horses side by side in the front, just a few guards in front of us. It's been a pretty long day, the first that the Maunkru people have ridden a horse for more than a couple of hours, so we stop earlier than we usually would.

We dismount and guards lead off our horses and start setting up tents. Meanwhile, Lexa and I make our way through the crowd of horses and people, assisting those having trouble getting off of their horses. When we're done, we head to where Raven, Luna, and Anya are all still mounted.

"What are you doing still up there?" I ask, confused. I would have thought they would be the first down to explore or hang out in their tent.

"Nothing," Raven answers too quickly.

"Raven." Anya says, reaching out to gently touch Raven's arm. "You said this was something that would go away. It has not. You promised you would tell her if it did not go away."

"Tell who what?" I question, more concerned now.

"You, Griff." Raven says and sighs. "My leg's just acting up. It's fine."

"Raven," Luna says in a low, scolding voice. "You cannot get off of your horse."

My eyes widen in surprise. "Okay, follow me." I get four pairs of confused eyes on me. "Yeah, on your horses. Come on. This way we can help you get off your horse without feeling like everyone's watching you. Is that alright?"

"Yeah, thanks." Raven says.

Luna and Anya, still on either side of Raven, follow Lexa and I as I lead them to a small clearing nearby I saw when we were riding over to the larger clearing to hold all of us. Anya and Luna dismount and help Lexa and I get Raven down. I mainly am the one giving out orders on how to move her in order to jostle her leg the least.

With her concerned girlfriends' help, Raven hobbles over to a nearby log lying on the ground and sits on it.

"Thanks, Clarke." She says. "All of you. I'll be okay."

"Nope." I shut her down. "I'm getting my mom. She and I can check you out, make sure you're really okay."

"Clarke!" She calls in protest as I walk away, but I ignore it.

Among the people helping set up tents is my mom, who pauses when she sees me heading towards her. She hands what she was working on to another person and meets me halfway. Mom gives me a short hug, them pulls back.

"What's wrong? Are you okay? Is your shoulder acting up?" Mom asks worriedly, her eyes scanning me up and down.

"I'm okay. Come on." I pull on her hand before quickly letting go and she complies, following me.